Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

So, I just finished the campaign... *spoilers*

(1/2) > >>

Dark Hunter:
...and it is awesome.

Seriously, this was amazing. The game was varied and interesting: fighting each race was a unique experience, and flying Infi was just brilliant. Wish there could have been more missions with him. Loved the feeling of being an unstoppable ubership capable of annihilating entire fleets single-handedly.  :D

Ship designs were good, especially the... erm, Crystal People. Can't remember how to spell their name. Anyway, their Adasya was among the most unique and coolest things I've seen put into the game. Mission design was for the most part imaginative and interesting, but occasionally unintuitive (still don't know where the hell the entrance on the Cordi mothership was, for instance, and there was no hint that I could see as to where to find it).

As for the story and humor, I pretty much had a big grin on my face all the way through. The anime-esque story, the character interactions, the hilarious Lampshadings and shout outs... I do kind of wish the outro had a bit more to it: I don't know, some kind of ending scene with all the characters celebrating, but whatever, still good. Loved the use of Gundam music, but I felt like the soundtrack jumped around a lot, as if it kept cycling through completely different battle songs in the same mission.

I also appreciated the depth of background material. Hell of a universe you've constructed, Spoon. Definitely has potential for more storylines, and I'd love to see more done with it.

Now, complaints: Zy capital ships where?  ;7
Those things sound awesome, but they never make an appearance. :(

Okay, seriously: besides the minor stuff I mentioned earlier, new weapons were introduced at such a pace I felt like I was scrambling to keep track of them all, and since they were usually referred to by serial number rather than a unique name, I had a hard time telling them apart. Crystal's ship was fast and powerful, which was nice, but hard as **** to maneuver precisely in... controls were hyperresponsive. Further, I could never figure out how the glide worked. Pressing Shift accomplished nothing (I only mess with targeting controls when customizing, I doubt I could have screwed something up). I use a joystick, does that make a difference?

So, all-in-all, excellent work, and I hope to see more of this mod in the future. :yes:

-Norbert-:
Shift1 and Shift3 for lateral thrusters isn't really a good setup. You'd be better off with remapping those.
I prefer to put the lateral thrust on my joysticks coolie hat and use another button for "glide while pressed".

As for the Cordi Motherships, they have one entrace on the top and bottom each, about midships. That you aren't told were they are isn't too bad in my opinion, since you can just fly around the ships for hours if you want to without turning the Cordi hostile.

Spoon:
Glorious, thanks for the review Dark Hunter  :)

--- Quote ---new weapons were introduced at such a pace I felt like I was scrambling to keep track of them all, and since they were usually referred to by serial number rather than a unique name, I had a hard time telling them apart.
--- End quote ---
I was slightly afraid this would happen. It was a case of having enough weapon ideas but not enough missions to introduce and spread them out over. (for example M16 is a serious offender, where the player gets 1 new primary and 2 new secondaries)

As for the mothership entrance, it tells you right in the command briefing!  o:

Its the part where the green flak is coming from (as in, the part you usually want to avoid :p )

ssmit132:
There was a thing up the top? I just went up the rear end and took it out there.

Jellyfish:
In the tube connecting the engines with the 'head' part, there's a hole you can use to get in. It would've been more awesome if you had to shoot proton torpedoes through it, but I don't think either Misuzu or Crystal know how to use the Force.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version