Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wings of Dawn

1st nuWod anniversary

(1/8) > >>

FrikgFeek:
Congratulations to nuWod, it's now officially 1 year old. We can use this opportunity to praise this great mod and complain about Episode 2 not being released yet(mostly the latter I'm guessing :P)

Commander Zane:
Normally, I don't care for things like 100% runs, but I spent the first week of its release doing my best to explore every mission and dialog option. I think I managed to pull it off.

Then all the music was stuck in my head for almost another two weeks.

I can't wait to do that again. Especially with the stuff shown in the dev blog.

niffiwan:
10/10, was a helluva lotta fun, I can recall laughing manically in the 1st mission in the Ray III at the sheer fun of spraying gunfire all over the place with that ballistic primary (I forget the name, SORRY!).

Also, the new HUD is very cool, I think it was the 1st "big" HUD I used recently and boy it makes a difference. Used to be very much "I want crisp non-scaled gauges" but now, give me bigger gauges so I can see what's going on easily!

FrikgFeek:
The HUD was honestly a bit too big for me tbh. I edited the tables so the whole HUD doesn't scale but I re-enabled scaling on the radar since that's really helpful. Other gauges are readable even when they're small.

Spoon:
Hoorah

I was actually planning on making an anniversary dev post today, but you beat me to it. Though admittedly, in my local time, its already april 5th (Something something about never being able to do deadlines). But hey, its always motivating to know people are looking forward for the next part!

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on April 04, 2016, 05:16:02 pm ---The HUD was honestly a bit too big for me tbh. I edited the tables so the whole HUD doesn't scale but I re-enabled scaling on the radar since that's really helpful. Other gauges are readable even when they're small.

--- End quote ---
A case of no size fits all
Good thing Freespace is so moddable  :p

So it's been a whole year already and I wish I could say "It's been a year and the next release is going to be near!" but that's unforunately not the reality of things. It might actually be an whole other year before the next release. Aiming for quality unforuntately always takes time. But, what has actually been done so far? What have I been doing since releasing the first episode?

To be blunt and super honest, not a whole lot of direct WoD related progress. The past year, I've devoted a lot of my creative energy towards creating JAD character art, and mastering the moonrune program of Emofuri in the mean time. While Axem has kept making improvements to the VN script, it's now incredibly easy (even more so than before) to use. And Niffiwan then made it all possible to use animated png's from the coding end. So if you want a glimps on what to expect for future WoD VN segments, take a look at the April 1st demo release of JAD! The end of my JAD related labors are coming into view now though, after exporting roughly 20,000 frames. So I can almost go back to being super productive for WoD (with a bit of side fredding for BWO) and hopefully breeze through development like with original WoD. (I... I can hope right?)

And then of course, Swifty dropped in and made shields awesome looking, which I posted about a while back in the dev blog thread.
There's been work on assets, with the Hertak being in the works for getting a complete overhaul. It's going to be a drastic change from their totally not shivan trademark black and red with forward spikes. But hopefully just as, if not more so, intimidating. Hades is also currently working on making the Nordera Bombadier into something a bit Starlancer inspired:
Taking these down before their can unleash their deadly payload is going to be a priority!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version