Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578852 times)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
That's no castle. That's the ****ing Great Wall of Minecraft!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
That's no castle. That's the ****ing Great Wall of Minecraft!
correct, that is no castle. its only the outer walls. i still havent decided if i'm gonna make a full blown castle or what.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Huh, so the mystery continues.  Whoever's there sure picked a cool spot to set up, though.

I was the first guy to find it and set up shop there, but apparently someone else got there too.

Obsidian hut, greenhouse... was there a small wheat farm near it too? If so, that'd be mine. It's so annoying that I haven't been able to connect to the server since the IP change, otherwise I'd have done more expansion, but yeah... that's where I live.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yep, that's it.  Sucks that you haven't been able to get in; it looked like you could do some fun stuff around there.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

continuation of this basically.

no creative mode used(except for getting up on the tower to take the screenshot, too lazy to walk the stairs.). and i've still got three chests full of bricks.

And i need to figure out how to finish the towers actually.

Copycat.

Mine's bigger :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:10:55 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

continuation of this basically.

no creative mode used(except for getting up on the tower to take the screenshot, too lazy to walk the stairs.). and i've still got three chests full of bricks.

And i need to figure out how to finish the towers actually.

Copycat.

Mine's bigger :nervous:
copycat? no. I'm just doing a wall that actually looks decent and isnt a crappy "pour lava and water, pretend its a wall" thing.

in short. if you're not gonna do it properly, dont bother. size aint all that important, unless yer overcompensating for something. Oh wait. Nevermind.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mine is bigger and looks better. 
So NYAAAAAAAAAaaaa!

And there isn't even any difference between your wall and my old one, except the material from which it's made (and size).
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Obsidian hut, greenhouse... was there a small wheat farm near it too? If so, that'd be mine. It's so annoying that I haven't been able to connect to the server since the IP change, otherwise I'd have done more expansion, but yeah... that's where I live.

Have you double-checked the latest info lately? The server moved a couple of times, and I missed the IP change for a few days myself and thought there was a real problem when in fact I had just been trying to connect to the old IP. What error are you getting?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft

Have you double-checked the latest info lately? The server moved a couple of times, and I missed the IP change for a few days myself and thought there was a real problem when in fact I had just been trying to connect to the old IP. What error are you getting?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. One of two scenarios occur: either I can't connect at all and I get an internal socket exception/time out error thing, or I connect and spawn... with no terrain. I fall down eternally into the void, surrounded by the weird things in the air down at that level... and then I time out. It's so annoying! So yeah, I'm sure I've got the IP right, just... weird things happening.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Pred, in your honest opinion, how many square feet/blocks should a castle cover in area?
In my opinion, whatever size you're comfortable with. I originally planned something much larger than what I have on the server, but even that was very  time consuming. Mostly because I gathered many of the blocks by myself.
It all comes down to how much time you're willing to put in to your project. If you want to, you can always expand later, or start a new project that's bigger. That's the beauty of Minecraft.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken