Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578802 times)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
So I decided that I had to checkout the Fenris on rhx123's / qazwsx's server.  Thanks Kayd and Sandwich for the tour.  Afterwards, I had some time to wander around.  I found a box of "emergency" minecarts in the house the is next to Fenris and decided to try the rail system.  After a few wrong starts (read, I pushed the cart the wrong way), I was finally headed in the direction of the the maze that I could see on the world map.

I reached the end of the line, at this nice wooden terminus.  Though I was only able to stop on the third pass through.  So I started following the path to in the general direction of the maze.  It started to rain, and I ran to the nearest building.  Apparently I wasn't welcome.

After being rejected by the castle owner, it stopped raining anyway so, I figured I would try and find my way to the maze that I could see on the world map.  This house looked like it had access to a train station.

Seems this home owner doesn't want vistors either, no path up to the house.

But his door wasn't locked so...

After wandering around the house, I come out on to what seems to be the roof/veranda and right there is the maze.

Found an unroofed part of the house, makes for a nice shot of this "house".

Still trying to find the train station.  Instead I found a private marina/lair.

Found it.  Apparently I was wondering around Shades' Manor.  Thank you for your hospitality Shade.

On the way to the maze station I passed this nice lava fall.

Getting near the maze.

The maze was fun.  The water feature in the center was nice.  It took me 5 minutes to get in and out (what I can say, I am not the best at doing mazes).

To the south of the maze was this ring, that is made of bed rock.

Looks like someone is planning on having gladiatorial battles in it, though before that can happen it needs some seating.

Checking the map, I see that the rail that I am on eventually gets to the back side of the castle, so I jump back on the minecart and head the that direction.  The castle grows in larger as the minecart approaches.

The detail work is pretty impressive.

Whats this hiding behind this monster.

The originally named "water station".

Apparently, the castle is Pred's.  I figured I would hop off and see what there is to do at a water station.  A nice view from the top...

Hmm, what is this?  The water supply?  Anyway, the tower makes for a nice shot of the castle.

Apparently the basement of the tower is not for dumbasses like me though who manage to drown trying to get back to the surface...

After I respawn I then disconnect with a read timeout.  Anyway, that was an entertaining 20 minutes. I will have to go back.

BTW, pecenipicek I would have bothered you afterwards but I don't seem to remember my password...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Heh, that "house" is my dome, my actual house is the base of the tower on the left in your screenshot. Said dome has a very nice view of the area. :D
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Heh, that "house" is my dome, my actual house is the base of the tower on the left in your screenshot. Said dome has a very nice view of the area. :D
The one with the four legs?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The one with the four legs?

Yup, the South-West one with the obsidian base built into a hill. Also, you are not the only one to drown trying to get out of that water trench, I've come to the conclusion it is impossible to get out alive.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh hey, that's a part of the server I haven't wandered around myself.  I've been meaning to check out that maze.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I haven't seen Shade on the server for quite a long time...
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*SNIP*

Anyway, that was an entertaining 20 minutes. I will have to go back.

You are just scratching the surface, son. It's a big server :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
B.t.w - that TNT on the screenshot - all gone in a massive chain explosion reaction. Actually that screenshot only shows a small part of the total amount of TNT used.
Once triggered, explosions were going on for 10 MINUTES. I'm surprised the server didn't crash.

Nedlees to say, there is no mountain anymore.

I did manage to FRAP's it (but only the first 2 minutes..forgot to change my FRAPS settings sadly )

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Trashman, not to be facetious or anything, there is an edit button in the forums for a reason
Anyhow, I'm always up for seeing things explode. Where be that video?
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hm...trying to upload it, but its' giving me back an error... :(

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken