Author Topic: How they might destroy the Gargant  (Read 41629 times)

Re: How they might destroy the Gargant
there will be no collapsing nodes

That don't seems a real way to stop anyone, 4 reasons:

1 - GTSD Odin: Dubbed 'The Great Experiment', the Odin superdestroyer was initially put into service to field-test a new type of subspace drive system for nodeless travel between star systems. Although a great deal was learned about subspace from the trials, the drive ultimately failed to live up to its mandate and was scrapped. Eight months after the ship was mothballed, scientists decided to install the same subspace coil technology for the purpose of testing Knossos technology which was destined for the Sol Gate. The result was startlingly successful - although the project was completed shortly after the Melia was completed, it worked perfectly - allowing the Odin to travel through weak or unstable jump nodes. The Odin is the heaviest warship in regular GTVA service, and the most powerful, aside from the Warlock carrier.

2 - SOCv Neptune: Sporting a scaled down version of the GTSD Odin's subspace coil matrix, the Neptune is the largest corvette in use by the SOC. It provides long range firepower with its vast batteries of Geodess-1 advanced hyper-velocity missiles, and is well armed against fighters all-round. The few Neptunes that have been produced allow small SOC strike groups to penetrate unstable or weakened jump nodes while providing their own strike capability, and have additional light and medium beam cannons mounted on their hardpoints.

3 - GTI Melia: More famously known as the Sol Gate, the Melia connects Delta Serpentis to the Sol system by stabilising the collapsed jump node to the extent that all Allied ships can once again travel back to the birthplace of humanity. The Earth Alliance stormed the huge structure shortly after the first GTVA ships passed through the revitalised node.

4 - Knossos: The Knossos device is a subspace portal, supposedly constructed by the Ancients, which stabilises jump nodes. Research carried out on this portal by Doctor Mina Hargrove later became the foundation of the Sol Gate project which allowed humanity to return to its birthplace. An entire network of Knossos gates is thought to exist.

and the extra one, that no one named:

5 - Shivan JumpGate: This Shivan jumpgate appears to be based on Knossos technology (or perhaps the Knossos is based upon its design). Regardless, it allows large Shivan warships to travel through unstable or weakened jump nodes.

Like a Star or Dark Hole or a SubSpace Node, it doesn't matter if it is destroyed, it maybe really complex, but see the whole point: if it can be destroyed, then it can be created also...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vasudans need a hand with subspace technology, well at least they have the Apothess...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

The Vasudans need a hand with subspace technology
They have the Djinn bomb...

umm, back to what shadow0000 said, I wasn't talking about collapsing the node, rather destroying the ship while it makes the jump into subspace. . . . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Lucifer was only destroyable as its shields were down, since the Gargant has no shields attacking it in subspace would be the same as attacking in normal space, it wouldn't become 'vulnerable' like the Luicfer.

actually, if you hit a ship in the right spot (mainly it's sub-space engines) while it's jumping, the ship will be torn between subspace and real space, and will theoretically pop out of existence. . . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well since it would be impossible to damage any subsystems on it that won't work.

Not even those Meson torps I saw in the vp file would do anything against it huh?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

actually, if you hit a ship in the right spot (mainly it's sub-space engines) while it's jumping, the ship will be torn between subspace and real space, and will theoretically pop out of existence. . . .

In the IA tables there is the option for NAV governs Warp ability, there was never a SubSystem for the Warp Drive, but it was considered as the NAV, thought the Warp Drive should still be functional (use it at your own risk).

Even if possible, they would just repair it or don't jump, there is no enough time to destroy it while it has started jump...

------------------------------------------------------

Not even those Meson torps I saw in the vp file would do anything against it huh?

The Executioner can be only be fired by the Jotun D.H (or maybe the Notus and the other....), this is the comparation (INF R1):

Helios: FS2 most powerful bomb:

DMG : 6800 / Armor DMG: 6800 / SubSystem DMG: 5780

Hell Fire: EA most powerful bomb:

DMG : 7200 / Armor DMG: 7200 / SubSystem DMG: 5400

Executioner: Meson Torpedo:

DMG: 12000 / Armor DMG: 42000 / SubSystem DMG: 24000

I don't really believe it will do something, the exectioner inflicts a 17% damage per unit over the SBF Beam Cannons/turrets of the Gigas, and about 1% Damage to it's Hull (the same or less than BF Beams DMG). Those all bombs are worthless against shields, probabily if we would see a Lucifer, Iblis or Diablo with Shield capabilities, it would be a waste of time firing those bombs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, the Notus is for Terrans?. What happened to the Wraith, was it dropped ?, I believed one would be for the Terrans and the other for the Vasudans...

They have the Djinn bomb...

I believe you mean this is a SSM Anti-Corvette or Capital bomb.

----------------------------------------------------------------

if it can be destroyed, then it can be created also...

I mean Ross 128...nothing else

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Anyways, the Notus is for Terrans?. What happened to the Wraith, was it dropped ?, I believed one would be for the Terrans and the other for the Vasudans...
The Notus has no equal for the other races, the Jotun does however.

I take it that the Notus was a bomber? Or, if it didn't have an equal, maybe a gunship? (I say this because of the Vindhyacal Shivan super-bomber.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Notus is THE bomber. 90m long, max speed of 35, 5 turrets, 14 gun mounts, and twice the secondary capacity of the Jotun, oh and it carries the Apocalypse, the 'anti-Sathanas' bomb.

It has a max burn speed of 145 to escape it's own bombs, but it doesn't last long so you have to be careful with it.

The Wraith was closer to a gun ship, max speed of 10, lots of turrets, and was bigger than the Notus.

The Notus is THE bomber. 90m long, max speed of 35, 5 turrets, 14 gun mounts, and twice the secondary capacity of the Jotun, oh and it carries the Apocalypse, the 'anti-Sathanas' bomb.

It has a max burn speed of 145 to escape it's own bombs, but it doesn't last long so you have to be careful with it.

Remember me to the Satyr's specs, I would choose that ship than a Jotun if I could...(the Jotun is just too slow to disarm a really big ship)

the 'anti-Sathanas' bomb.

The Sathanas have 1,000,000 Hitpoints, the Apocalypse (old Armageddon) just does 420,000 DMG to Armor/Hull in R1,  does that mean it was raised ?. Even if not it is sure a lot of damage to be anti-juggernaut bomb.

I remember firing an Armageddon a blow my ship out of the entire universe, and it was really away when it explode.......

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Sathanas have 1,000,000 Hitpoints, the Apocalypse (old Armageddon) just does 420,000 DMG to Armor/Hull in R1,  does that mean it was raised ?. Even if not it is sure a lot of damage to be anti-juggernaut bomb.
It does 300000 damage now, so it'll take between 3-4 bombs to destroy a Sathanas.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
don't know who changed it, but it doesn't really matter anyway it should be fine as it is right now.

what the GTVA needs is an anti-deadnaught bomb. . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Juggernaut > Dreadnaught

So any juggernaut-bombs would work superbly on a dreadnaught.

heh, meant to say anti-Death Star, but that's a completely different reality. . . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

So any juggernaut-bombs would work superbly on a dreadnaught.

No please, don't do it, I like the SODn Solaris.

There will be new dreadnaught in R2 ?, or is just a Class exclusive of the SOC ?.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It does 300000 damage now, so it'll take between 3-4 bombs to destroy a Sathanas.

That's a lot, but Armor could ruin it, I believe as a Dark Hole it is just will ignore Armor, after all a Dark Hole just destroy almost everything in the same way....

I remember the description: "the compression damage done to a juggernaught's hull and subsystems will likely cripple it after only a single impact".

Offline mr.WHO

As far as I know, GTDn Solaris is now a Terran flagship that is more powerful than GTSD Odin, but there is few Odins while Solaris is one-a-kind ship.

BTW Can you post some spec of Solaris in spec topic?
Could you give is any word, ANY about Vasudan mysterious soper capship???

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Could you give is any word, ANY about Vasudan mysterious soper capship???
Hmm it has 2 Apothess class beams and has a weapon configuration like the Geb. Oh and lots of Spacial Charge guns.
You'll get no more on it now so don't ask :p