Author Topic: How they might destroy the Gargant  (Read 41804 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: How they might destroy the Gargant
heh :p  :D

This isn't actually related to the Gargant...... but when I was viewing the models from Inferno, a lot of textures seemed missing: like the Icanus and practically all the Ancient ships. What's up with that?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
"The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the ship. Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is beam-shielded, so you'll have to use Helios missiles."

:D

Or better still, make a small labyrinth of passages inside the model. You'll have to get in, blow the reactor up and then, followed by an expanding inferno of combustion gases and plasma, you'll have to maneuver through the tunnels towards the surface. If you can fly fast enough, you'll get out before the ship explodes. If you're not so good, well...

About the wingmen hitting the walls. Well, who ever in their right mind would send wingmen onto this mission? Alpha 1 is the answer. The wingmen can stay outside and destroy everyone trying to follow you. Or try to...  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I like Star Wars despite they are all very unrealistic and naivĂ«, and on the matter of episodes I-III you can add "crap" to the list.  :blah:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

That may taken from movie, while the shield idea is really OK, have you seen how many reactors have even the Diablo, I think that was they have multiple ones, to stop someone from making a suicide maneuver, or even to self-destruct in hey here "Independence day" where you see a signal "Big Alien Ship, weak spot 10,000 meters ahead".

This also goes to Reactors (the Gigas has 6 Reactors, the Diablo has 4), Shield Generators (the Diablo has 2) and Gigas's Stabilizers (it has 3), and many other systems which are spread in order to have a preventivy SubSystem which doesn't lead into the collapse of the Ship (Gigas's Stabilizers) or the Shield systems (Diablo dual Shield Generators)

The Armageddon or Executioner would a best choice in any case, by the size of the Gargant, it should have a really good Power Output for Shields and Beams, that means that if the shield output is just used to protect a single big reactor, it would be a miracle that even a Helios could make an scratch on it.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
A Notus with Apocalypse bombs would have to be used, however a Notus is slow and can't defend itself from a hoard of Shivan fighters defending the interior, so you would need some kind of support.

This isn't actually related to the Gargant...... but when I was viewing the models from Inferno, a lot of textures seemed missing: like the Icanus and practically all the Ancient ships. What's up with that?
I guess in modelview?
The maps need to be in the maps directory for modelview to load them, or you need to use the last version of vpviews 'browse models in vp file' feature that will load them from the R1 vp.

If the Gargant is destroyed that way, it means that the Gigas will suffer a major effect when the Stabilizers are destroyed, right ?

This is usually done by SEXP, just conditionals to reduce the Power Output Recharge of the ships if the Reactors are destroyed, or a Ship, or one to nullifie the Shields in the case of the Diablo's Shield Generator.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If the Gargant is destroyed that way, it means that the Gigas will suffer a major effect when the Stabilizers are destroyed, right ?
The Gigas doesn't have those anymore. It just has 6 reactor systems now.

When you refer to the "chapters" of inferno.... are you talking about R1 being chapter one or are you just gonnna drop that story?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
R1 was dropped, the EA war story is being redone.

lay off u guys, he's not here to disclose the specs on his campaign, (not until release anway) so bug off. . .  :cool:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The GTVA will put up a pig poster with covered in harsh langauge, making the Gargant cry and run away. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Woo, can you give us a list of subsystems that both the Gigas and Gargant have? In other words, what subsystems does the Gigas have and what ones does the Gargant have?
Gigas has the standard subsystems, 6 reactors and 120 turrets.

Gigas has the standard subsystems, 6 reactors and 120 turrets.

whoa, u think u have enough to cover that beast?  (considering how every ship has one turret to every half-click)

also, how many flak turrets does this have?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Flak... *does a quick check*
looks like none.

interesting. . .  NO flak turrets? ? ? ?   I'm assuming that it has a boat load of anti-fighter/bomber turrets then. . ..

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
96 anti-fighter weapons.

Any of those very annoying...I think they're called shotgun turrets.... the ones that stop your engines and throw you away?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I just had a good look through the weapons and I doubt this is the final entry for it. No way it should have basic heat seeking missiles...

It probably hasn't been fixed since we changed to the new model for the ship...

no, Hunter, not necessarily those, just the flak ones. . . 

kewl, Woomeister
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:43:42 am by 214 »

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Shotgun turrets are waaay more annoying than flak! Mainly because they're that much more accurate...