Author Topic: Need Inferno Help  (Read 2553 times)

I have a bunch of questions about this mod, and i havent been able to find much digging through the forums here...

(1) First of all, can i run Inferno on the regular 3.6.7 SCP build?  If not, where can i get the Inferno SCP?

(2) I have the latest Media VPs i think (3.6.7).  Are these going to be good enough to run Inferno in all its splendor?

(3) I downloaded R1 from the Inferno website.  Is this the latest release, or am i missing out on something new?

(4) is it safe to have other mods installed (like the FSPort)?  Do i just have to make a seperate character to play Inferno, or will i still have problems with other mods installed?

:confused:

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
1. You need patch. It's on Inferno website (link in Woo's sig).
2. They're not working each other.
3. Yup. ;)
4. You must move Inferno outside FS directory when you want to play another mod/standard FS2 champaing (very good choice is to put Port in mod directory).
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1. As long as you have the R1 SCP Patch any build should work

2. Wouldn't know really, I don't use the media VPs

3. R1 with SCP Patch is the latest release

4. If you have the mods installed into mod folders and not the root FS2 directory or the main data directory, and you use the -mod commandline to switch, you can have as many mods installed as you like. I usually suggest a new pilot for a new mod, as it usually fixes most problems that crop up.

If i use the SCP R1 patch... will it mess up the SCP for the rest of the campaigns?

And is the new Inferno SCP even out yet, or is it coming with R2?  Is it just the patch that is availbale right now?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:00:13 pm by Leviathis »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, the patch makes R1 more SCP friendly, as long as it is in the same mod directory as the other INF VP files it won't affect any other campaign.

Well it looks like i got it working.... holy CRAP thats alot of new ships... very impresive  :yes:

Just one last question... can i use the mod.ini file to tell the Inferno mod to use the mediavps folder?  or does it use them already?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You'd have to have a look at the ini file to see if it's already set up for a media vps directory. I didn't make the ini file.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
1. As long as you have the R1 SCP Patch any build should work

Actually Woo, I think the official R1 SCP patch is out of date.  After a certain period I started getting bugs with the species.  There are alternate engine sounds for other species than the standard ones, which builds after a certain period had a problem with.  I needs a correctly formatted speicies table to fix that.  Granted, I haven't attempted to play Inferno lately so this isn't a certainty.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Only the species_defs is out of date, but more recent builds should use hard coded default data for the values that are missing from it. So it should work except for some late 2005 builds.