Author Topic: Question for Woomeister  (Read 1867 times)

Question for Woomeister
I want to make an unofficial, fan-based mission about the "Verdun Incident". Based from the EA's perspective, you're in a fighter wing based on the Verdun Installation, recently set up to analyse the newly discovered jump node from Ross 128 to the unknown, when the group is jumped by Shivans.

Would this be O.K.?

First off, there're such things as email, ICQ, and personal messaging if you want to ask Woo a question.

Secondly, the answer to your question is yes. Anyone can make anything they want with Inferno mods... just don't automatically expect us to set it up for download - that's very much at our discretion. :)

Sid.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
yeah no problem, we don't mind if people make missions based on the main story, even if we may cover it later (such as the beginning of the EA war)

Cool, thanks. I'll use PM next time.

Final question - I wanted to keep the exact same background used in the original mission, so I loaded up the original mission and then deleted all of the events, objectives, and majority of the ships. Still cool?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
using Kazans background generator to copy the background would of been quicker :)

Though you'll need these to use it with our backgrounds:

Some extra files:
http://www.woomeister.pwp.blueyonde...k/INF_Tools.exe

Files for Kazans background generator:
Nebulae.lst
Suns.lst

modviw32.dir makes modelview parse all our models like it does the FS1/2 ones (so they show up in groups on the sidebar when a VP is opened)
should work with any version of modelview that has a modviw32.dir file.

Ooh, cool tools. :D

I'm trying to make this mission of high quality... very nice, atmospheric intro made so far, just got into the initial Shivan strike. Planning out how to go about the majority of the mission now.

Jack

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
word of advice on copying backgrounds in the future, you can just open up the mission you want to copy from in worpad, copy the background section, and paste it in the new mission. :)

Don't worry, I made the same mistake [well sorta] on my first real mission... hand copied capella's backgrounds directly into fred which took me at least 5 minutes.. :p
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Knight Templar
word of advice on copying backgrounds in the future, you can just open up the mission you want to copy from in worpad, copy the background section, and paste it in the new mission. :)

Don't worry, I made the same mistake [well sorta] on my first real mission... hand copied capella's backgrounds directly into fred which took me at least 5 minutes.. :p

Lol, I remember doing that sort of stuff with the FS2 demo where there was no FRED. And making duplicates of ships in the missions and then wondering why they wouldn't fire beams. Good days.

I'll remember this all for the future.