Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3033324 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
I spent much of the day hawking up fistfuls of green goo from my nostrils, but surprisingly, I'm feeling a lot better now than I was at any point during the past five days.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Better out than in, :yes:

unless you're talking about knookie.......

:warp:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just finished Gears of War 3 for the second time (on my own xbox this time), and finally sussed out why the beach scene at the end irked me more than the rest of the hammy cutscenes in the game. It because it is a scene I've observed at the end of a bunch of JRPGs, almost word for word plus the camera angles.

Now I'm not sure if I'm angry at the lack of imagination for then ending, slightly smug that it appears the devs for a massively popular game took inspiration from a genre often dismissed and sneered at by the masses, or dispair that I may have just wasted almost a whole day playing a rather pedestrian cover-based TPS that I had laying about for an undisclosed amount of time.    :confused:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im bored, gonna stomp around in a mech for abit.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Working from today until two weeks from now
12 days in a row
"No"

Just finished playing through Shadow of the Colossus.

Holy. ****ing. ****.    :eek2:

Why why WHY did I never play this game before? This was beyond incredible!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Steam Summer Sale.

Space Marine is $7.50. If you don't have it, go buy the damn game, it's definitely worth 7.50.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just grabbed Spec Ops: The Line.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
damnit, people need to stop posting about steam sales.  i've probably spent $50 on games i've yet to play already.  or on bad games that i'll never play again.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I went skydiving today. It was glorious, but terrifying.

I think I'll do it again one day.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Just used Team Viewer 7 to remote fix a friends's laptop which was an interesting experience having only been on the receiving end in the past.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i thought i had finally beaten my desktop into submission and had it at 100% again, but i started to get screen flicker.  backing off the overclock didn't fix it, but switching to the backup BIOS did.  not sure if i burned it out or not.  my card is just determined not to unlock to 6970 properly.  i did finally discover however, that something in the new motherboard BIOS that enables ivy bridge was what caused the whole problem to begin with.  similar reports from ASUS users who updated their BIOS.  i have to wonder if AMD somehow convinced mobo manufacturers to break compatibility with the unlocking.  but i can't figure out why they would really care anymore with a new gen of cards out that should attract most of the people who would do this now. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
had an epic killing spree in mwll. it was a terrain control map, and the whole team was failing miserably to take one base. i figured the enemy were distracted from the other control points on the map. so i grabbed a raven and proceded to go passive and circumnavigate the map, taking 4 bases in a row without seeing a single enemy mech. and the 4th base had a mech bay, so i traded up for a madcat mk2, the beatstick varient. again i go passive and continue my run, all of the sudden a light mech crests a ridge right in front of me, and i fire all four of my lbx autocannons right into his cockpit. leaving a slightly damaged mech that needed to be hosed out. then i realized there were 5 other mechs behind it. i managed to take out 3 more mechs before they killed me. this allowed my idiot teamates enough of a distraction to take the other 2 control points left open. we ultimately lost the match because of too much target fixation and emphasizing kills/not getting killed over tickets.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Huh. You sure your not getting folk from the Delta Force: Xtreme group? They love to go after kills when the map goals involve capturing flags, controlling zones, etc.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
heh. ive noticed an annoying trend in mwll. all the good players will join the same faction, and all the dumbasses and noobs are on the other side, where one team has 0s all the way down the kill board and the other has at least 4 people with double digit scores. it doesnt really give the suckey players fair practice and i doubt its a challenge to the ones with the kills. especially when the winning side is all assault mechs, and the loosers are in osirises and ravens (to be fair a raven isnt a bad mech, you get money for running active radar since you have a complete electronic warfare package, and your fast so you can take bases in a hurry, and ive taken out my fair share of assault mechs in one). anyway such freebirth tactics make the game quite boring.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
heh. ive noticed an annoying trend in mwll. all the good players will join the same faction, and all the dumbasses and noobs are on the other side, where one team has 0s all the way down the kill board and the other has at least 4 people with double digit scores. it doesnt really give the suckey players fair practice and i doubt its a challenge to the ones with the kills. especially when the winning side is all assault mechs, and the loosers are in osirises and ravens (to be fair a raven isnt a bad mech, you get money for running active radar since you have a complete electronic warfare package, and your fast so you can take bases in a hurry, and ive taken out my fair share of assault mechs in one). anyway such freebirth tactics make the game quite boring.

Yup, the bozo's in DF:X do that too.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Sunday. 2am
I have myself a Siglo I cigar paired with Green Label Johnnie Walkers
This is a great start to my birthday

Later that day, I had brunch with my family (ribs, corn, rice, salad) followed by wonderful gifts
One of which being the complete saga for Star Wars (Bluray). I know what I'm doing all of one day

Off to work. I've already worked 36 hours this week, so I let the KM (Kitchen Manager) know that after eight o'clock, I'll be making overtime. Instead of having me do just that, he decides that he'll cut me loose when that time comes so as to save labour. Later he finds out that it is my birthday, so goes ahead and let's me know that it was well deserved either way

So I work those four hours, easy money. What do I do after? I have myself a a wonderful meal with a free dessert. My server? She offered to buy me a drink as a gift. Scotch ended up being what I chose (naturally)

Porto Chicken, The Cookie, Coffee and Scotch. Everyone wishing me a happy birthday at work, and possibly a week off in August
Great day all in all

Minus the flickering lights which ****ed up my monitor. Had to go to another computer to find a fix (which worked, so all is good and well)
"No"

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
So that's you? everyone is older than me.

Another pair of my earbuds has ****ed up and now only works on one side.
I swear I think those things are made to break. The best ones I've ever had were made by Apple.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Everyone is older than me.

Most likely. Hell, most of these old fogies probably remember when the ZX Spectrum was still only talked about in magazines!  :p
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Happy birthday, deathfun!

And how old are you fellas? I'm only just 18.5.