Author Topic: TBP training mission needs two voice actors! Recruiting here!  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
TBP training mission needs two voice actors! Recruiting here!
I've been working on a TBP training mission (for real) to make the game more newbie friendly. And it's more or less finished now and in need of two male or female voice actors.

Role1: The captain of the EAS Achen, an Earth Alliance Schooling ship and carrier vessel of the player. (One line of dialoge during the mission and the command briefing)
Role2: The instructor assigned to the player (massive role, over 70 lines of dialoge and 4 debriefings)

Ransom Arceihn, tinfoil, Blue Lion and Shadiusmax (hope I did not forget someone) already volunteerd their help. I got samples from Ransom but not from the others. If you are still interested and anybody else who is, post links or send me some to [email protected]  :)

a few lines to play around with:
Role1, extract command briefing
You will stay on board for 28 days and hopefully some of you will leave this ship with the status of an EA Starfury Pilot. You all passed the tests and simulations at the Academy, the zero gravity training, each of you surely has defeated dozens of enemies or even won the Earth-Minbari War single-handed and every single one of you rookies believes he can out fly any of us old and gray instructors here, right? Let me tell you something. Nothing beats good old reality. Cakewalks are over, folks. Whatever you may have accomplished at the Academy, it does not count here.

Role2, message "start2"
We will deal with basic flight and combat today although you know ALL of this from the sims of course. Sure you do. All of you rookies do. Bull****!

Role 2, message "Missile"
The Venom class is a cheap, straightforward dumbfire missile. Just point and shoot. Press the fire button a second time to trigger the explosion. Everything in it's radius is reduced to dust if you hit.

Role2, extract from Debriefing1:
I thought they would only send people out here who passed the sims back on Earth and therefore knew more or less how to control their goddamn ship.
Apparently, I was wrong. You managed to trash your Starfury and force the hangar crew to work overtime to get it flyable again. Great job, pilot.
Now don't you dare say anything. Yes, it's their everyday business to fix the damage every trainee sustains during the exercises BUT IT'S USUALLY LIGHT DAMAGE!
If I had not aborted the session, you would probably be dead now. Although the loss of your Fury would have been more grave.

Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: TBP training mission needs two voice actors! Recruiting here!
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.