Author Topic: Brickfair 2008 - Who's up for it?  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Brickfair 2008 - Who's up for it?
http://www.brickfair.com

'Tis a great big LEGO convention, over Labor Day weekend, just outside Washington DC.

Who's up for it?  I'll be going, and I think CP5670 will too.  I'll probably bring a Great Ball Contraption module.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Brickfair 2008 - Who's up for it?
i did a laser guided rubber band launching turret once. pretty awesome and amazingly accurate :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm going. Just signed up last night.

Now I just have to make sure I get my newest model finished in time. Some of the spare parts I bought from Bricklink are taking extremely long to arrive.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
:( Wish I could go, those things look awesome.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
meeeeeeeeeeee

i'm going

woo
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nah i'll give that a miss, we've got Legoland over here, and i'd probably lose most of the bits down the back of a sofa somewhow :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

Just because my GBC module is going to be awesome, and I want to gloat. :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Have you registered it in the MOC list? What is it called?

I'm going to bring three models. Two of them were at the 2006 event and can be seen in my signature, and the third one is new (and quite massive). Transporting this thing will be a challenge. I went out this morning and bought an oversized box to hold the model, and that will be with the huge wings taken off.

I have one or two other sizeable models, but they aren't of the same level of quality and I don't think it's worth the trouble to bring them.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I remember seeing the Cosmic Enforcer, but not any of the others.

I haven't registered the GBC module because it isn't done yet.  (Though it will be done in time.)  I should probably just go ahead and do that.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yes, it's a good idea to add it in. I don't know what their deadlines are but it says that they are going to be giving you the display cards, so it probably needs to be done a little before the event.

I guess you missed my better model last time, that Annihilator one. I have upgraded it since then anyway. The Cosmic Enforcer is pretty nice but is probably the least impressive of the three I'll be bringing in.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:38:17 am by CP5670 »

Offline watsisname

Yarr, I may be there.  I met CP there a couple years back and it was pretty awesome. :)
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
All my bricks are tucked away safe in plastic storage until I have my own place to unpack them. I don't have any intact models at the moment. :(

Eventually I'm going to buy a whole set of these and spend an entire weekend sorting and organizing by size, shape and color. Then I'll finally be able to do some serious custom building.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
That's basically what I have going on. I have them sorted less than that, I have square bricks, angular, flat, large bricks (a.k.a the "props" like big rock bricks, trees, big square pieces, the crane supports, windows etc) large Technic, small, mindstorms, car pieces (Windshields, wheels, seats, etc) and a few more, including trains. It works out great.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
All my bricks are tucked away safe in plastic storage until I have my own place to unpack them. I don't have any intact models at the moment. :(

Eventually I'm going to buy a whole set of these and spend an entire weekend sorting and organizing by size, shape and color. Then I'll finally be able to do some serious custom building.

If you want a way to sort the pieces, the Stack-on drawers are a good option. I have five of these containers from over the years and it gives me about 200 drawers of various sizes. They aren't of the same level of quality as they once used to be but still work nicely. These are actually recommended by the educational division of Lego.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
blech, this keeps on getting buried.

I'll be attending the public expo this Saturday, 11-4. How will I know how to find you guys?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'll be competing in the 11:00 robot contest, wearing a HLP T-shirt, and carrying a plastic Shivan figurine.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
How many of those shirts have actually sold?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We should exchange cellphone numbers in case we cannot find each other. I'll PM you guys mine. I still have my CP5670 nameplate brick from the last event, so I can add that on to my badge.

I will be heading over to the DC area on Thursday and will be at the show from roughly 11:30 to 6:30 during the next three days. My latest model is all ready for action after 16 months of work, although I won't have time to fully photograph it until after the event.

Remember to bring a camera and charge its batteries. There will be a lot to see there. :)

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
i was unaware of such an event, however it's not really worth the journey if its just for some plastic because the travel cost will be big, i refuse to travel on planes and i always have even though i know it's quicker.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It is a three hour drive for me, which is reasonable. I'm from that area and frequently visit my family and friends there anyway.