General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Steam Deck - I will pay a nerd to get Knossos working.

<< < (3/14) > >>

Phantom Hoover:
My feeling is that you're better off treating that as a Steam Deck issue first and a Knossos/FSO issue second — FSO is essentially a normal SDL application when it comes to audio output, whereas Linux audio configuration can get notoriously complicated.

delta_5-1:
In reviewing other reported bugs, it looks like this is a known issue for steam deck OS. There are a bunch of people who have tried to run emulators or other programs in desktop mode that have caused similar problems. In case anyone else looks here, I'll keep updates to me solving this problem here.

On a slightly related note, has there been much discussion about pushing free space open via the Steam workshop system? I figure they're probably has been a ton of discussion I just didn't dig through and find it.

EatThePath:
FSO on the steam workshop is basically legally impossible unless some benevolent billionaire buys interplay and volition and then donates freespace to the public domain, or some similarly unlikely circumstance

delta_5-1:
Good News!

I was able to get the audio to work consistently. I had to click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and pin it so that it always stays open. That kept it from switching audio devices and that works every time.

delta_5-1:

--- Quote from: Phantom Hoover on September 08, 2022, 06:07:22 pm ---(yeah i'm now fighting flathub bureaucracy to be able to distribute the ****ing thing because flatpak is completely built around a repository middleman model)

--- End quote ---

Have you had any luck with the flat pack route?? Steam just push an update to their OS and it completely ruined my fix. So I think that for a long-term solution, I'll either need to create a script that I can run every single time to set it back up, or encourage somebody or pay them to do a flat pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version