General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Choppy Graphics With FSO Launched from Knossos

(1/2) > >>

Jaybyrd28:
Hello,
Wondering if someone can point in some direction here.

-Downloaded and installed GOG Copy of FS 2. When I configure and run FS 2 from GOG Galaxy or Freespace2.exe from the GOG Games folder it runs fine in 1024x768 with the "High" Detail default settings.

-Downloaded and installed Knossos. Selected FS Port and FS Port Media VPS and Freespace Upgrade Media VPS 4.6 which all installed to Knossos correctly.

-In Knossos settings set video up w/ 1024x768 16 bit depth and Bilinear filtering.

-When I run either FS Port (Regular) OR FS Port Media VPS with even "Low" detail settings the graphics are extremely choppy/stuttering. It's almost like it doesn't detect my 3d card or something but I can't find an .exe to play around with. Just the settings in Knossos itself which I outlined above.

Any tips/ideas?

EatThePath:
What have you got for hardware? Basically any modern computer should be able to eat the original retail FS2 from Gog no problem, but FSO's rendering updates and the mediaVPs both require more juice to run. Knowing your hardware would help us know where to start in troubleshooting.

Jaybyrd28:
Hardware:

Dell Laptop
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
6GB Ram
Intel Core i3-5015U CPU 2.10 GHz
Display Adapter: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Novachen:
Uninstall every advanced MediaVP file.

It simply could be, that your Display Adapter is too slow or has not enough memory for the Advanced Graphic Effects.

Jaybyrd28:
"Uninstall every advanced MediaVP file.

It simply could be, that your Display Adapter is too slow or has not enough memory for the Advanced Graphic Effects."

Are you talking about selecting "Uninstall" from Knossos on everything except the basic FS Port or are you referring to going through the Knossos folder and deleting specific files?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version