General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Subsystem Max

(1/3) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
So, when I play a mod, I like to incorporate as many upgraded models in it as possible.  Incidentally, I've been slipping in some of the higher-poly ships into Inferno: Classic, including the newest version of the Gigas.  I can't recall if the one I'm using has been released, but it has 120 turrets and 6 reactor subsystems.  Although I've used this in an older iteration of INF:C, as I'm wanting to try the new 'voice acted' one, I've been moving my upgrades into this new folder, so I can delete the old ones.  Unfortunately, the latest build, and even the latest release build, complain about this.

The first warning I get, is this:

Warning: Number of subsystems for Ship Class 'SSJ Gigas' (93) exceeds max of 107; only the first 200 will be used

Selecting continue, gives me this:

Error: HP-Ships-shp.tbm(line 3220):
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], or [$Name], found [0.2, 1.0]

Unfortunately, my options after that, are only debug or exit, both of which end the program.  This occurs in debug or release.  I'm guessing that the first error, prevented the subsystems from being detected, so the subsystem strength and rotational data, are suddenly without context.

Colonol Dekker:
Are you using the right executable for the nid you've got selected?

Trivial Psychic:
InfernoClassic doesn't appear to have a preferred build, but as I mentioned, I'm slipping in some higher-detailed models, and in some cases ones with different turret and subsystem quantities and layouts.  I'm commenting out in the original tables, whatever subsystems aren't present in the new models, and creating a modular table for the new or altered ones.

This isn't as much of a "there's a problem with this mod" post, as a "I appear to be hitting a code barrier, and it's causing some funkiness" post.

Colonol Dekker:
Well I hope you get it sorted bud :)

Trivial Psychic:
Thanks for trying. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version