Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3031310 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
I hated that thing so much, it was awful. What a way to ruin a killer premise.

Offline Luis Dias

About premises, I'm still waiting for that reddit fanfiction that was bought by Hollywood concerning a huge modern marine batallion being accidently dropped in the middle of the Roman empire. Man that premise was awesome.

i believe that god, if in fact he does exsist with a higher probability than a flying spaghetti monster, is most likely a total dick and unworthy of our praise and a pleasing target for our transcendental wmds.

Reminds me of a story Dekker linked me to on my facetube. It involved the world going to war with hell, wiping the floor with it (and only losing a city or two to demonic WMDs that consist of opening portals inside of volcanos which open out a couple of miles above the target), hitting Satan with a cruise missile and then prepping for war against heaven for closing the gates and damning even the pure.

Also Jesus and Gabriel (I think) are stoners.
I think I read about something like that on TVTropes.  God is pissed because we're all :science: and don't need him anymore so he decides to bring on Armageddon and Heaven and Hell fight it out on Earth with no concern for human casualties.  Of course, we have !!SCIENCE!! and Heaven and Hell don't so the angels and demons are running around with medieval weapons at best while we've got tanks and cruise missiles.  It doesn't end well for either of the big guys. :lol:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Multithreadagededed!

And it's working, too!

Wow, I missed a few posts.  Polpolion, FireSpawn, link please?  If General Battuta hates it it's probably an enjoyable pulpy read. :nod:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Wow, I missed a few posts.  Polpolion, FireSpawn, link please?  If General Battuta hates it it's probably an enjoyable pulpy read. :nod:

Difficult but still doable, doubt their links still work... Armageddon and Pantheocide can be found here, broken up into small chapter groups.

The series was never concluded due to the fact it was to be actually novelized and sold, but somebody distributed a torrent and the author concluded it wasn't saleable after that, so Lords of War was never written.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Augh, wtf is with these telephone people?

It seriously seems like they're not actually at the telephone when they make the call... like they have some sorta auto-dialer which goes

Hey, it stopped playing the ring tone! Let me connect to someone at the call center!

...Meanwhile I've already said "Hello who's calling?", waited a second and a half for a reply, heard the background noise change over to what sounds like a call-center, and hung up on the dumbasses.  :mad:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Material empiricism... testable predictions...

Oh stop it, you're making me blush. If you keep that up I might just [SCIENCE] at my desk. :o

Also,

Quote from: A bunch of people
Belief... belief... believe... faith...

I believe in Harvey Dent.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

It seriously seems like they're not actually at the telephone when they make the call... like they have some sorta auto-dialer which goes

Hey, it stopped playing the ring tone! Let me connect to someone at the call center!

...Meanwhile I've already said "Hello who's calling?", waited a second and a half for a reply, heard the background noise change over to what sounds like a call-center, and hung up on the dumbasses.  :mad:

the computer makes the calls. it often makes more calls than the call center can actually handle. probibly even using some kind of pid algorithm to make the optimum number of calls based on current hangup rate, the number of staff on hand at the moment, percentage of that staff that is idle and other factors. of course sometimes the implementation sucks, especially when the management want to make more calls, faster calls, better calls, and tweak the parameters without actually understanding how the algorithm works. the result is you get called by noone. i would hate to work in one of those call centers. seems like it would be draconian and evil.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

the computer makes the calls. it often makes more calls than the call center can actually handle. probibly even using some kind of pid algorithm to make the optimum number of calls based on current hangup rate, the number of staff on hand at the moment, percentage of that staff that is idle and other factors. of course sometimes the implementation sucks, especially when the management want to make more calls, faster calls, better calls, and tweak the parameters without actually understanding how the algorithm works. the result is you get called by noone. i would hate to work in one of those call centers. seems like it would be draconian and evil.

spent a week at a centre selling mobile phone upgrades and they used the system
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm semi-seriously thinking about starting to delve into the FS2_Open code and see if there's anything that my amateurish talents can lend a hand with.

God help me.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Seems my sleep schedule, along with the ability to plan the day ahead, have been completely trashed from the past few weeks. Going to try enforcing strict eating habits and sleep times...  :banghead:

I'm semi-seriously thinking about starting to delve into the FS2_Open code and see if there's anything that my amateurish talents can lend a hand with.

God help me.

We can always use more spaders! The code for the flight controls looks like it could use a good cleanup, along with the in-flight menu UI's.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:49:43 pm by z64555 »
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
seems that the pfds i get for living in alaska (i call it the this state sucks anti-tax) arent high enough this year to get me that 3d printer / laser cutter i wanted to get (open anwr for drilling now!). and mom is *****ing that her computer sucks, and i have nothing to spend my money on. so i think im gonna do a core components upgrade on my computer, and pass mom my old mobo/cpu/ram. not really worthy of a building a new computer thread so im putting it here.

so far im going with an intel i73770k (im running an i5 2500 right now). mobo looks to be an msi b75ma-e33, a modest microatx which should fit nicely into my mini tower. ram doesnt seem to have advanced much since last year, so im essentially getting the same 8gb kit as last year, though im tempted to save some cash and keep my existing ram, and get mom a 4gb kit. i could also save 30 bucks dropping my cpu down a notch. im throwing in a new pci express wireless networking card as well so i can use the pci slot for my old sound card (all my wifi nics are pci). so i just spent $450 bucks (or i will when my div gets here).

may think about getting a better cpu cooler though. intel stock coolers suck as of late.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Listening to metal because my mind refuses to turn off and allow me to sleep. Maybe some mindblowing riffs and lyrics about fighting with an axe will help me sleep, and if this fails I can always go on newgrounds and watch some stuff by Sexual lobster. If that doesn't cause my brain to crash, bugger all will.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Romney wants to cut funding to PBS, specifically mentioning Sesame Street in the discussion.

THE SNUFFLEUPAGUS IS UNDER ATTACK! TO ARMS BRETHREN!

A Feddie Story

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm not going to complain about that.  the last 3 times i tried to watch something on PBS, what was REALLY on was a 55 minute telethon and 5 minutes of whatever it was they were claiming to be airing. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Hey, HEY! ...... NOVA is on PBS, come on now.

Hard Light Productions:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I am decreasingly optimistic about being able to get my game running at 60 fps with 100 bugs :(

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Really though, anyone who threatens or argues with a Sesame Street character or a Muppet on national television should be barred from office on general principle. If you can't realize that there is no positive outcome from doing this, that if you lose you lost to Big Bird or Kermit the Frog and if you win you just beat up Big Bird or Kermit the Frog, you're not cut out for politics or diplomacy.

A Feddie Story

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I.... I really want to see the candidates debate kermit the frog now.

Hard Light Productions: