Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269921 times)

Offline Patriot

Ok, so i reinstalled last night and rejoined my fellow Skye Rangers(of Terra) unit in-game as well.

I am a medium runner, but i only run HBK's for now, i have Boomstick, a 4G with trip MLs in support of the AC20 and Sniper, a 4H with a Gauss Rifle and Trip MLs.

I managed to annoy the crap out of some Clanner scumbags by ripping entire torso's apart with my Big Box of Death(B-BoD) and promptly killing them in the process(not my fault they skimped on the CASE).
So yeah, 'twas a good day to get back into MWO, i especially like the fact i'm not getting hammered with PPCs anymore, but it does kinda make me sad they dropped the projectile speed on PPCs so harshly.. it feels so very very wrong :(

I'm pretty sure the Daishi is currently on trial. For that matter, I know your percentages are off because they very strictly incentivize playing matches in certain weight classes by simply not giving you a match if they can't find one with any empty slot for your weight, and the highest I've ever seen any percentage was heavies at 33%.

Under the current public matchmaking system it's literally impossible to have a match with 80% heavy/assault. Every lance is 1/1/1/1 for weight class.

Then I misinterpreted the numbers displayed un der the "Play" Button. I thougth they'd translate roughly to the company composition. I guess I just suck then at the moment :P

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Ok, so i reinstalled last night and rejoined my fellow Skye Rangers(of Terra) unit in-game as well.

I am a medium runner, but i only run HBK's for now, i have Boomstick, a 4G with trip MLs in support of the AC20 and Sniper, a 4H with a Gauss Rifle and Trip MLs.

I managed to annoy the crap out of some Clanner scumbags by ripping entire torso's apart with my Big Box of Death(B-BoD) and promptly killing them in the process(not my fault they skimped on the CASE).
So yeah, 'twas a good day to get back into MWO, i especially like the fact i'm not getting hammered with PPCs anymore, but it does kinda make me sad they dropped the projectile speed on PPCs so harshly.. it feels so very very wrong :(

clanner mechs have case installed by default. you cant get rid of it. in fact lots of things on clan mechs cant be changed. though you can change your hardpoints on a section by section basis.

ppcs have always been nerfed in my opinion. in fact any weapon that is hard to use (requires aiming) has been nerfed. so instead of people sniping at eachother from 1100 meters, they now shoot missiles at eachother at 1100 meters. if they really want to make things fun, buff brawling weapons like ac20s while close in. being able to shoot someones arm off at point blank range will put an end to all the long range fighting crap.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Patriot

clanner mechs have case installed by default. you cant get rid of it. in fact lots of things on clan mechs cant be changed. though you can change your hardpoints on a section by section basis.

Wait.. you're kidding right?
Does it take up a crit slot at least?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
No.  Clan 'Mechs get CASE totally for free, in all sections including Arms and Legs.

It's like that in the tabletop, too.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Wait.. you're kidding right?
Does it take up a crit slot at least?

Superior Clan design, freebirth.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
So... if we do make a unit, alignment? Which is your preferred Clan or House?

Personally I'm on the Wolf train, but open regardless.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Patriot

I'm in a Lyran affiliated unit, So pick clan, i'd love to pick you guys apart with my superior Hunchbacks <3

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im currently a merc with loosely affiliated steiner. i can always switch sides if you pay me more. my clan hardware is just a result of a few cockpit shots and a good salvage crew. unfortunately my command console is broke and i dont have the cbills to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:22:07 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Since Clan Diamond Shark isn't available, let's go with Clan Wolf.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
My progression in faction has been something like Fed Suns (then Victor derped after the civil war); Wolf-in-Exile; Nova Cat.

So I'm fine with either being a mystic in an OmniMech or a Wolf.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Jade Falcon Clan best Clan.

Free Worlds League best dumpster fire Successor State.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
K.  Clan Hard Light incoming. 

My IGN is Esarai if anyone wants to add me.

Actually, thinking about it, it seems like Hard Light Galaxy would be more appropriate.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I finally installed this game.
Handle is Soronarr (TrashMan was taken)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hurr.... I noticed that I get less and less credits with each mission, regardless of result.

I bought a Cataphract-4X and modified it. 2AC/2, 2 AC/5 and a ER heavy laser.
Plenty of long-range dakka!

I really hate the missiles in this game. They are so cheap and come with more ammo than guns.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Erm...anyone still playing this?

*sound of wind*

Helooooo?

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I want to keep playing, but my computer is at a point where the GPU overheats after 0.8 matches and the framerate drops to an average of 11, with fluctuations of ±5.  It's more frustrating than it is fun.  Hopefully I'll have a new computer in the next few months.

Uninstalled quite a while ago. I got bored, and can't find the motivation to go back.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
new rig is up and running, im back in. do we have a faction yet?

Nuke's Scripting SVN