Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 104832 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
The concept of Warp Speed, which is traveling faster than the speed of light, as opposed to Light Speed, is a Star Trek concept. The warp engine expands space behind the ship and contract space in front of it. The ship itself, which is wrapped in a warp bubble, is not moving so it does not violate Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

In Star Trek, they have a calculation table of warp factors. Warp 1 is the speed of light and warp 4 is light speed x 64. The warp factors increases exponentially. Warp 10 is x1000 and not achievable. Although, the starship Voyager did achieved Warp 9.8.

https://evert.meulie.net/faqwd/how-fast-is-warp-speed/

The concept of Warp Speed is actually researched by Nasa and the design for the engine has been drawn. The Alcubierre Drive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

In TBG, warp speed is exaggerated. The Rigelians are traveling several thousand times the speed of light.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, I THOROUGHLY enjoy anything that demands problem-solving, and well-done combat puzzles are very satisfying for me.

Ah, this is good to know. :D

Offline CT27

RMJ, there's not too much for me to say for this weekend's video (presumably you'll finish TBG).  The Act 5 missions are fairly straightforward. 

There are a couple of ways to tackle the final mission though:

Spoiler:
The final mission is called "Final Confrontation II".  There are two ways to play it basically and both, I think, are straightforward.  It just depends on your preference.

The first way is the 'traditional' or 'designed' way, one might say.  This is a fleet command mission where you can use the numbers near the lower right part of your screen to issue fleet orders.  You saw this stuff in the first part of Act 4.  You can use your fleet to attack the enemy fleet.  What you would be doing in this is flying a support role...you could take the Phantom or another fighter/bomber and take out the subsystems of the enemy capships while your allied capships do the bulk of the damage.

If you don't like fleet commanding with the interface, you find the mission too difficult that way, etc., then there is a second option.  This is a noticeably easier/quicker course of action.  You can take the Chimera corvette and blast the enemy capships yourself. 

Offline CT27

Update news (for the pre-game FS news you usually do before beginning a playthrough each week):

-There was a recent update for MVPs (updating them to version 4.6.8).
-Derelict has received a recent update that I don't believe was mentioned before.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Just let the man do his work, CT, I think he knows what he's doing at this point.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline CT27

I was just trying to give info to help him out and he's appreciated it in the past. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:51:55 am by CT27 »

Offline CT27

Thanks for a great series on TBG RMJ.  You made it very entertaining. 

It will be nice to watch a series this coming weekend (PI) and not have to worry as much about whether people will like it or not.  Honestly, I was a little worried about how the streams of AFR and TBG would be received.  It was very enjoyable to see that your overall reaction was along the lines of "even if I wasn't crazy about certain story elements, AFR and TBG were fun experiences that I enjoyed and there was a lot to like about them both."  To be honest, that was a better reaction than I thought you'd have.

Like people have said, PI is relatively difficult (or at least above average on the difficulty scale) but you should still like it.  PI, I think, was the first mod I played (not counting official releases like FS1/ST/FS2) after first downloading FSO back in 2013 so it's kind of a special campaign for me.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
To be honest, I thought about a sequel to when I finished AFR 2 years ago, but CT27 advised me (I think) to end the AFR story.

My idea of the sequel goes like this...

By the end of AFR 2, the Milky Way galaxy achieved peace and unity (a Star Trek concept) with the Shivans and Ancients protecting all the younger races, including the Vasudans and Terrans. But... the Rigelians from the Andromeda galaxy still hated the Shivans and wanted to wage war against them. So it will be an inter-galactic war. A war bigger than what we've seen in AFR.

Unfortunately, my powers in writing and modding is not enough. I did not push through with it because I had no idea how to escalate from there.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

Like people have said, PI is relatively difficult (or at least above average on the difficulty scale) but you should still like it.  PI, I think, was the first mod I played (not counting official releases like FS1/ST/FS2) after first downloading FSO back in 2013 so it's kind of a special campaign for me.

Procyon Insurgency's difficulty is indeed above average, and it has a strategy elements too. But in my opinion, BP Wih 1 and 2 is still more mind-cracking.

I currently have the PI mod that ran with very ancient FSOs that's paired with MediaVP_3612. I modified it to run with FSO 374 and MVPS 2014. As usual, I edited the missions to add more chaos, AFR chaos, dozens more enemies. My very own Procyon Insurgency.

Offline CT27

To be honest, I thought about a sequel to when I finished AFR 2 years ago, but CT27 advised me (I think) to end the AFR story.

My idea of the sequel goes like this...

By the end of AFR 2, the Milky Way galaxy achieved peace and unity (a Star Trek concept) with the Shivans and Ancients protecting all the younger races, including the Vasudans and Terrans. But... the Rigelians from the Andromeda galaxy still hated the Shivans and wanted to wage war against them. So it will be an inter-galactic war. A war bigger than what we've seen in AFR.

Unfortunately, my powers in writing and modding is not enough. I did not push through with it because I had no idea how to escalate from there.

One of the things that people (in RMJ's recent stream) liked about the ending of TBG was that it actually was a fairly definitive ending (and ending on a positive note).  I would like to stay with that. 

So, just to be clear, if anyone's wondering if there will be a "The Aftermath III"...the answer is no.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:43:03 am by CT27 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So, just to be clear, if anyone's wondering if there will be a "The Aftermath III"...the answer is no.

But will there be... The After-aftermath? :nervous:

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!

But will there be... The After-aftermath? :nervous:

Ha ha ha...LMAO!

Yeah, but it will no longer be Aftermath.... I need a good writer to pull this off and a good modder. I can no longer do the modding solo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, soon, I will upgrade my PC hardware to properly work with Reunion 2.5. So I will be able to run the latest FSOs and MVPS. I will definitely be back to modding.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:00:18 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I already some ideas in my head that will push the limits of FSO. Features like selecting systems to jump in using a map in the briefing screen (ala Freelancer style), do random missions to buy upgrades or new ships with RPG elements, progress through the chapters but having complete freedom as to where tbe story will unfold, something like that. It's ambitious, I know.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
System select is already an in engine thing.  There are tech demos somewhere.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
AFR and TBG are all-out space shooter game, lot of explosions, and have lots of carnage. While TBG is slower-paced because of the story-telling, it does have a share of the chaos I want to convey.

Now... I am editing the missions of both mods to add more random chaos. Every replay will be different as random ****s will come your way. Just like Left4Dead did. This spells more carnage and hellish chaos for the players. I intended for both mods to be built for replayability.

Offline CT27

AFR and TBG are all-out space shooter game, lot of explosions, and have lots of carnage. While TBG is slower-paced because of the story-telling, it does have a share of the chaos I want to convey.

Now... I am editing the missions of both mods to add more random chaos. Every replay will be different as random ****s will come your way. Just like Left4Dead did. This spells more carnage and hellish chaos for the players. I intended for both mods to be built for replayability.

Just be careful to not swing the difficulty too far in the difficult/hard direction.  People like the current accessibility of AFR and remember that one of the early complaints against TBG was that it was too difficult.   

As for RMJ, there were two updates I saw recently:
-Blue Planet Complete
-Sol:  A History

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
The time approacheth!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline CT27

I enjoyed the stream today.  I have a technical question:

For the stream series (PI) starting today and for the AFR series the videos had 480p as a viewing option.  However, the TBG series of videos didn't have that as an option (those went from 360p to 720p...with no 480p viewing option in there).  If I may ask, what changed?

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
All streams are recorded at 1080p. Once a stream completes, YouTube can take up to 24 hours to fully process the VOD, starting at the lowest available quality before eventually reaching the original stream quality.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
 Yes, all your YouTube streams are 1080p, more than 1 gigabyte to download. I set my download to 630p. At least, its 800mb. I downloaded all your AFR and TBG streams. I made them my references for campaign adjustments.

Yes, I can download Youtube videos.

EDIT: Once downloaded, they are automatically MP4 format.