Author Topic: MediaVP Patch thread - November 20  (Read 4305 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
MediaVP Patch thread - November 20
This is the Official thread for the next patch. It's basically a checklist for what should be included in the next patch. Please DO NOT post messages that do not have media in them, if you have any questions or comments, start a new thread or PM me. This is solely for posts that have media, links to media, or just a mention of something that needs to be done by the next patch.

• Fix typo for shivan freighter wing with cargo in :V: icons.tbl
  • Add Stratcomm's Deimos fix.
  • Verify that all ships have either PCX/DDS textures.
  • Fix pixel in the purple sun.
  • Change nameplate textures for all models to 'nameplate'
  • Add Sandwich's asteroids, which were converted by Stratcomm
  • Possibly patch the ships.tbl with Admiral Nelson's turret angle fix.

Everything else, I don't have a link for or I have not noticed/forgotten about. :nervous:

Edit: Satis/Aten fix by Stratcomm - http://www.duke.edu/~cek6/heirarchy_matters.zip

Edit 2: High-poly Herc 2, modelled by Devils_Hitman, converted by StratComm - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33657.100.html

Edit 3: Beam patch for 3.6.7, turns off DB's special beams(?) - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,36883.0.html
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 03:02:12 pm by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: MediaVP Patch thread - November 20
I'm trying to finish off the TC-Tri as fast as possible atm. It shouldn't take too long, but I've been really busy for a long while now. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
  • Fix typo for shivan freighter wing with cargo in :V: icons.tbl
That's actually fixed in the code now, so the mediaVP fix is not needed. :)

The new capital ship gun fx?  There's a link here somewhere, but the board won't let me search :(

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You know, the FS Port has a few icons you might like for the official media VPs, including icons for Vasudan cargo and transports where the :V: entries just use Terran ones. Consider using them.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
:bump:

Last call for new stuff. I am relatively busy tomorrow, so I don't know when exactly I'll release the patch. (It's 11:30 PM on Saturday for me right now, but I'm only going to release 'til after I've slept) It would be nice to have the high-poly missile models in it, though. ;)
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
http://www.duke.edu/~cek6/devils_hitman_herc2.zip

It's not been thuroughly tested (I haven't finished checking out engine glows or debris, specifically) but it seems to work fine.  And let me verify something on that last Deimos update (an oh-crap moment) before you go final.

Edit: nevermind, the Deimos should be fine.  I couldn't remember if I had verified the engine placements or not, but it looks like I either got them right or Bob lined them up correctly when he made the model.

Edit 2: Ok, I tweaked the Herc (again, engines) after testing it and seeing it's glows faded prematurely because they were too close to the hull (and added a pair of smaller glows over the main ones to make up for the ugly thruster cone model being gone).  The model itself made it through Love the Treason... without any problems, so I'm going to sign off on it.  The download link is the same.  Also, if either of the following are not already in effects, let me know: red_glow_small.tga and yellow_glow2_small.tga.  Red is almost certainly in there, but I'm not sure if the yellow one had been used on a model previously.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:59:17 am by StratComm »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I hope you didn't forget this:

I'd say build a completely new one.

We're wasting memory with the current Media VP.

There are two shockwaves in the VP. The 2d shockwave and some old(!) 3d shockwave frames.

I suggest to remove them and use just the most recent 3d shockwave frames.

I'd also like to investigate the animated beam glow issue. If EFFs are supported, we should toss the ANIs and use EFFs instead. They' cut down the memory usage by 50%. Enough to make them usable for mid-range systems. :)

BTW don't forget this one: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MediaVP_fix.rar
(http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1932) ;)

I also thought we were going to put the AB trails back into the VPs. (Maybe a slightly more subtle version.)

BTW I stil didn't test the EFFs for beam glows. Give me a second. :)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Ok it works, but please check whether the ANI or the EFF has a higher priority.

The performance is a bit better with the EFF effect. Well, it needs 22,5 MB less memory. ;)

www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MediaVP_update_BeamGlows.rar
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
EFF has higher priority.  The glowmap on the pegasus takes advantage of that to turn off the old animated one, since it doesn't match the new maps.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Generally, yes, but when it comes to beams, the priorities are different.

For beams, PCX has a higher priority than EFF and ANI. That's why I had to change the beam gfx names in the tables.

Beams and beam glows are a bit different from all other effects....
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I have some beam effects wich would be nice to get included in those tables...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Well, post the link in this thread. ;)

Hmm I really think we should add the AB trails again. Did I hand this one over to you already?

www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/ABtrail.rar
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Well, now that we can upload here, i will...

128kb isn't alot so i only have the beams part of the table...

(this is the right way to make a tbm right?)

And those afterburner traisl look awexome

[attachment deleted by admin]
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."