Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115514 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invite.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
wesp5 it would be interesting to see your work in the SVN to check it out.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'm still waiting for a PM.

Offline wesp5

I'm still waiting for a PM.

Huh? I send it long ago and was waiting on your email! I'll try again...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sent.

Offline wesp5

Sent.

It worked this time. Maybe my script blocker was the problem again...

It seems things have stalled on this upgrade.

Offline wesp5

I'm busy with Bloodlines right now and also was told to wait with any external missions and campaigns until Raider Wars has finished testing.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews

I'm busy with Bloodlines right now and also was told to wait with any external missions and campaigns until Raider Wars has finished testing.

Bloody love Bloodlines! Thank you so much for getting it working. Just my luck that two of my favourite franchise, Bloodlines and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. were broken bug-fests at launch. Modders - fixing stuff for free that paid devs left broken.

I wrote a short article on unofficial patches a while back, citing VTM:B as a prime example of why they are needed  :) https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/blog/i-love-mondays-3-unofficial-patches-for-broken-video-games
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

I never told you to wait. I simply said don't upload the missions to the data folder we're using for Raider Wars.

Offline wesp5

I simply said don't upload the missions to the data folder we're using for Raider Wars.

But as far as I know you can't play out of the tmp folder and I assumed you wanted to finish Raider Wars first. After all in the end all missions have to be in the data folder and all other content has to be in the other folders too! Or could it be made that when not using VPs anymore, each campaign could get a subfolder to keep some order?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You can put the missions in the main folder to test them, just don't commit them.

Offline wesp5

You can put the missions in the main folder to test them, just don't commit them.

Yeah, but what about all the other files in the VPs? The missions are all ready to run anyway, I fixed up the Starfury Missions, the Vorlon campaign, the Shadow campaign and Mag's traning missions. The problem is how to commit them and when?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You can do whatever you want with your own local copy. Just don't commit until we've got Raider Wars working. If you're not going to do any further work on those missions, just commit to the temp folder and we can move them later.

Offline wesp5

If you're not going to do any further work on those missions, just commit to the temp folder and we can move them later.

Okay, but there already is a lot of stuff in there. How will you know what belongs to what? Especially if I extract all the VPs?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Looking at the files contained within an individual commit would be the first thing I would use for that information.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline wesp5

Looking at the files contained within an individual commit would be the first thing I would use for that information.

But what happens if something is overwritten? As I see it, until now local files were packed into the VP archives, so even if MAG changed a file that is used in Raider Wars, it wouldn't have mattered. I we extract all VPs into the same folder, there is the risk that something breaks, so can we use subfolder for mission packs or campaigns?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You also can't overwrite things permanently with SVN, if it somehow happened you could check out an older revision to get it back.  It's perhaps not the most ideal solution for this kind of temporary mission storage but it seems preferred to losing your work altogether.  If you would you could put your work into named folders inside the temp folder maybe, one for each vp you had.  Would keep everything separate then.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I would advise against that. If MAG changed a file that Raider Wars uses we're much less likely to spot it if it's in some subfolder that only gets added in a future release.

Offline wesp5

If you would you could put your work into named folders inside the temp folder maybe, one for each vp you had.

I think this would be a good solution. You can then after Raider Wars is finished move the files one by one to the main folder and notice if there are any that are overwritten and check these out!