Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115527 times)

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
IIRC it was stated that it only takes a bit more testing and polishing on Discord.

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
The project was originally a stand alone but a few guys have taken the challenge to move it over to run under Knossos and fix all the bugs. So when it is done it will show up in Knossos much like Wing Commander Saga and others have along with the dozens of use campaigns.

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0

Huh, it's not standalone anymore?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It is standalone in that you can install it without needing retail FS2.  Knossos is just the distribution system and is free.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Yeah, was just wondering. Pushing TBP abroad with Knossos would probably be more difficult than with the old exe.

Freespace 2 is FREE on GOG at the moment. Hurry as it ends soon

https://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sorry. I hadn't noticed your question earlier OverDhill. I've managed to make quite a bit of progress over the last few days.

@RivenNightwing Bear in mind you still can download TBP. This project is just about making it easier to do so.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Actually, I think we're ready to release. Only problem is that on my current connection it will take forever to actually upload. If anyone else on the team wants to handle the upload, they can release it as TBP 3.6 right now. (I suggest using the SCP idea of even numbers for releases and odd for beta).

If no one else can do it, I should have better internet access later this week.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Should point out the SCP is switching to a "year-month" style so may want to consider that?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline wesp5

Actually, I think we're ready to release.

Great!

(I suggest using the SCP idea of even numbers for releases and odd for beta).

Shouldn't it stay 3.5 then, because once more people are playing it, certainly issues will come up?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
True, but we can always move it up to 3.6.1 for those fixes. I was thinking more about when we try checking if the other campaigns work for 3.7.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I have finished uploading it.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

I have finished uploading it.

All aboard hype train!

It might be a good idea to start a new thread and we can point interested parties to it.  I already announced it in a B5 forum.   We should see some new people coming in.

BTW a huge thank you to all that worked on this project.

Hopefully the other campaigns will soon follow

BTW, the great TBP update is available on Knossos for a couple hours now, maybe somebody write a release post and highlight?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
downloading now
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
okay so have played it for a wee while, awh brings back some fond memories. no gameplay issues as of yet. the only thing i have noticed is that on the high poly freighter's the textures aren't displaying correctly. its as if the model is using the wrong texture of the UV is different to the texture. Forgot how much fun this game is. Would be nice to see some of the models get an 2019 update but i know that takes time.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline wesp5

Congratulations on the release! I did a quick test with one of the Star Fury Pilot missions and everything looks fine so far. How do you plan to add more missions and campaigns? Will they be added to the main game or ba available seperately like in my Unofficial Patch as before? If the latter is true, it might be a good idea to make additional campaigns and mission packs run out of subfolders in the data folder, so they can easier be installed and removed. Or should everything go into vp archives?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:44:48 pm by wesp5 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Added to the main game unless they include their own table files. We can put out a separate VP file for the mission packs.

Offline wesp5

Added to the main game unless they include their own table files. We can put out a separate VP file for the mission packs.

Okay. I'll check if those I worked on have own table files and will try to convert them to vp archives...