Author Topic: Compile Error on Debian Testing/Unstable with 3.6.7 and 20060426 builds  (Read 1704 times)

Compile Error on Debian Testing/Unstable with 3.6.7 and 20060426 builds
Okay, I'm not able to compile either built but I was mistaken earlier, they're hanging at different spots.  Here's the output from each:

Quote from: 3.6.7
.o `test -f 'cutscene/mveplayer.cpp' || echo './'`cutscene/mveplayer.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/mveplayer.Tpo" ".deps/mveplayer.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/mveplayer.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from cutscene/mveplayer.cpp:33:
./sound/ds.h:176:22: error: AL/alut.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [mveplayer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/moonsword/downloads/fs2_open-3.6.7/code'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Quote from: 20060426
ai/aicode.cpp:1076:23: error: io/joy_ff.h: No such file or directory
ai/aicode.cpp: In function ‘void ai_dock()’:
ai/aicode.cpp:11338: error: ‘joy_ff_docked’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [aicode.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/moonsword/downloads/fs2_open-20060426/code'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

./configure worked perfectly on both builds and there were no options selected.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:09:36 am by Moonsword »
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Compile Error on Debian Testing/Unstable with 3.6.7 and 20060426 builds
The 3.6.7 problem is an easy one to remedy.  In newer OpenAL versions the ALUT code was split into a separate package so the headers are missing from a standard install.  We don't use ALUT anyway, so it really shouldn't be there in the first place.  Just edit code/sound/ds.h and remove that line that includes alut.h.  You'll probably have to do that for code/sound/audiostr-openal.cpp as well if I'm not mistaken.  It should compile fine after that.

Regarding the 20060426 issue, I thought you were crazy at first.  There was no 20060426, only a 20060326, but after checking it I did realize that I spelled the filename wrong. ;)

Anyway, that joy_ff.h issue is an OS X problem where the automake version there won't include all files when I do "make dist" to create the tarballs.  That has been fixed in CVS, but I haven't put out a new tarball yet.  Here is a new tarball which should work better (I didn't test it a ton but it did compile without error for me):  http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/nightly/fs2_open-20060502.tar.bz2

Actually, I went into the Wiki and checked out the CVS before you responded. :D

I think I got it to compile correctly, too.  At least, it didn't output any errors this time. We're going to find out if things worked correctly once I get all the data from my Windows partition and test it, at any rate. ;7

EDIT:
Where did it put the executable?  Bash is complaining that there is no such file or directory when I give it the command ./fs2 or ./fs2_open_r

EDIT 2:
Never mind.  Found it.  Got everything working now, loads faster than the Windows version does, actually.  I haven't had a chance to really test it and won't for a while but I wanted to make sure I could get the program to at least load.

Thanks for bearing with me.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 01:15:59 pm by Moonsword »
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

I just played through "Surrender, Bellisarius" and noticed only a few problems:
First, is the nice square-shaped damage decal supposed to be there when the Psamtik's beam punches through Bellisarius's hull?

Second, only real slowdown is with effects, not ships.  Both transports and all three of my wingmen against a nebula background doesn't even dent my framerates.  Kudos on tightening the code so much.

Third, and this one is almost certainly media- rather than build-related, the really, really pretty explosion has a really big drop in frame rate associated with it when the Bellisarius goes up.
 - Albert Einstein

- Gen. George Patton Jr.