Author Topic: Release: Sathanas  (Read 30739 times)

Good news! My version of the Sathanas is available for download on freespacemods.net

Special thanks to zookeeper for rigging and importing the model, and to Rga_noris for his shp.tbm and support.

The 4096x4096 version:
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.813

The 2048x2048 version:
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.812

p.s. freespacemods.net has the correct pof.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:23:07 pm by bobbtmann »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Definitely checking this out. :D

Offline Kolgena

It has its own feel, no less bad-ass or awesome than the one made by Rga.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Oh, I was dreading this day would never come. I really liked the design when I saw it in the wip images.

Glad you released it, I'm going to see how high noon looks with it.

Edit: Wow, that looks a little scary. Like a living creature or something. Certainly a unique take on shivans.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:27:03 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Great work!

As has been mentioned, it does vary from the typical style of the Shivans in so much that the overall design seems to flow in one direction. Also, I've always felt that the general shape of a Shivan ship is made by the some of it's parts, as opposed to appearing as one large, single piece forming the shape... The Lucifer is a great example of what I'm getting at.

But that's not really a critique, merely an observation on the style you chose and then executed beautfully. It looks great!

Oh, and baked glow FTW.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Kolgena

Out of curiosity, I will be grabbing this later today (maybe, if I have time) and comparing its performance to RGA's :P I suspect it might run a little faster?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Awesome work.

R

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
 :yes: I wanna see the GTVA cry when they see both juggernauts.

Out of curiosity, I will be grabbing this later today (maybe, if I have time) and comparing its performance to RGA's :P I suspect it might run a little faster?

I'm not sure. It has fewer polies, but it has four extra textures which I understand to be a more important factor when determining speed.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
??... You only have one extra set (a set being diffuse, -normal, -glow, -shine).

EDIT: OH I GET IT.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Yup. One extra set. I was originally going to have five sets, but I felt that five was a bit decadent.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
yes!
gotta test this tonight.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Al-Rik

Edit: Wow, that looks a little scary. Like a living creature or something. Certainly a unique take on shivans.
Yeah, it looks like a bug - that kind of bug that even gives a grown up man a short shiver of primal fear at the first look. ;)
I like that organic, insectoide style for the Shivans. Compared to the utilitarian style of the Humans and the streamlined style of the Vasudans it's Alien

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I prefer the jagged "technology gone Horribly Wrong" style of FS1 Shivans. It's obviously metallic and technological but extremely unsettling and alien.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Looks fantastic--this community has built itself a tremendous hoard of riches, particularly with the Shivans of late.  Juggernauts for all!

Offline Kolgena

Alright. Running the 2nd alpha shadows build by Valathil, with its requisite shaders, FXAA off, postprocessing (bloom, contrast tweak) on. 1440x810. All fps readings from ship lab.

RGA:
default zoom: 47-49 fps (min/max. Didn't do average)
Zoomed in all the way: 27-31

bobb:
default zoom: 69-75
zoomed in all the way: 38-42

I dunno... Might just be my 3 year old hardware bottlenecking in a place where newer computers don't. Also might have to do with shadows being cheaper on a model with fewer polies.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I would definitely be interested in results from a non-shadow build.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
So, it ended up working all right in-game? Cool.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
It uses 4 textures of equal size. Can't they be merged into a single one? Can FS even handle 8k textures?
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's less about what FS can handle than what most GPUs can handle.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras