Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657688 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: A celebration of Freespace
I think I already upgraded the Serpent. Kahlan maybe? Hydra is almost done, just need to fix the glowmap.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Testing interface templates...

(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
That's a really nice fighter. Seriously. I like how it looks.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

AEC: Ancient Empire ... ? Interface looking :yes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I already redid the Hydra, mesh and textures, for Scroll. You mean I never released it?

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
AEC: Ancient Empire ... ? Interface looking :yes:
I hope AEC doesn't mean something like ancient empire continuum in the first place. For any mods about the ancients, you've got to know that the ancients didn't call themselves ancients. They had a name for their species. But, it's all sucked behind the door over at V canon.

Maybe the ancients species name was the "beephkakes". We should insert a placement name for the ancients in the same quotes where i have "beephkakes" written if there is going to be a mod where they are playable or you play against them. Any mod that does have the ancients currently and says "yes look, that's an ancient cruiser!!" and ancients replying with "hey look, we are the ancients, we are not dead, would you like a bowl?". Whoever did something like this, that's just bad writing. The ancients if they are still alive definitely do not know the modern name that species still alive assign them. The "beephkakes" aren't going to know that terrans and vasudans call them ancients, and the "beephkakes" aren't calling themselves ancients either.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline MarkN

Considering that there is a rather obvious veiw of the americas on the globe, I would guess that the E in AEC stands for Earth

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Considering that there is a rather obvious veiw of the americas on the globe, I would guess that the E in AEC stands for Earth
Still, what i said stands. I was using AEC as an example regardless of whether or not AEC was part of an ancient mod. You have fun with your American Earth Consortium/Covenant (wierd sounding).

GO BEEPHKAKE MODS!!!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:03:50 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Some people think that motion debris is ugly.  I'm not sure weather I agree or not...

I don't. When I disabled it and played it, I kept going...

Quote from: Jeremy Clarkson to his Nissank
COME OOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline CKid

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

That is a really nice lighting setup you have there. Mind sharing your settings?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
What a very freespacey shot :yes:

SMBFD

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
so many fond memories.  :D
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
AEC? As in "Ancient - Earth Conflict"?

"Die already you Ancients!!!" - Random Terran...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yea, that was a screenshot from the Ancient-Shivan War

Spoiler:
What the HELL made you even THINK of the Ancients when you saw the logo, if the fighters are TERRAN?!

Offline CKid

That is a really nice lighting setup you have there. Mind sharing your settings?

These are my custom flags: -ambient_factor 35  -no_emissive_light -spec_exp 16.7 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.9 -spec_tube 1 -height -fov .37
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yea, that was a screenshot from the Ancient-Shivan War

Stop lying, ShadowGorrath :P
There are no Ancients AT ALL in that mod...I thought the frakking Earth, terran fighters, and a terran weapon would have made it obvious. oh well. :D
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

What's happening? Has that science cruiser got anything to do with it? And why does it look abandoned while being undamaged?

[/rhetorical_question] :p

These are my custom flags: -ambient_factor 35  -no_emissive_light -spec_exp 16.7 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.9 -spec_tube 1 -height -fov .37

How'd you get the textures to look so.... bumpy?
SCP is the greatest cause of Inferiority Complexes in those that can't run it

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
How'd you get the textures to look so.... bumpy?

Uhh ... normal maps? :nervous: