Author Topic: Metroid: The new M  (Read 6337 times)

Offline Fenrir

• ?
That one's the Boost Guardian that we've been talking about.

The Spider Guardian is the one fought entirely in Morph Ball. The Boost Guardian is only fought in morph ball half the time.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
What? Then what's the one where you have to go through a long stretch of unprotected Dark territory, with none of those lantern things, and then fight the guy while the whole time your health is being drained by the toxic environment? There's that guy and then there's the one you fight in one of those side-scrolling morph ball only areas.

EDIT: Ah, I see.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
You'll be happy to know that this thread made me go out and get an emulator for Metroid 3

For this, I thank you as I am now going to play the missing piece of which I never got to play.
"No"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It just won't be the same without a snes controller.
* Colonol Dekker must remember to get a USB one at some point.

I also got the official strategy guide / manual. . . . . Still near mint condition.
For a top tip, once the epic title screen sequence has finished, just leave it without pressing start to see a few hidden techniques.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Fenrir

• ?
The Spider Guardian is the one fought entirely in Morph Ball. The Boost Guardian is only fought in morph ball half the time.
Nah, boosty is all in morph ball mode as well.

Also, Super Metroid emulated on the Wii with the classic controller works quite well. Much better than playing it with a keyboard at least.

Only partially is Boosty fought in morph ball mode. When he's in puddle form, then you fight with a Morph Ball, when he's not, that's when you Light Beam him to death.

Now stop trying to confuse everyone!  :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline watsisname

Wow, talk about nerdtastic hive mind weirdness.  I was just playing through Prime 1 last night after not having touched the metroid games in many months.  :nervous:

Oh, and you guys ain't got **** on the boost guardian until you kill it without the dark suit.   :p :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQKYKLBER4E
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:40:19 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
*raises hand* I did that.  It took me something like 15 hours of trying (non-continuous, but all 15 hours spent trying).  I have never started a new file since, because I never want to play that boss again.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Only partially is Boosty fought in morph ball mode. When he's in puddle form, then you fight with a Morph Ball, when he's not, that's when you Light Beam him to death.

Now stop trying to confuse everyone!  :p
Drat, you saw through my evil plot!

That, and I'm dumb.