Author Topic: Slammers... advice?  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The current record for largest Slammer multi kill is 6 Artemises, by QD I think.

I think I can beat that with 6 direct kills, one where my slammer did the most damage to it that when it was finished up I got another kill. Delenda Est, just before the 2nd Strike package shows up and you've got to take on a lot of fighters burning towards you. One warhead, not dual-fire either. ('course, my computer crashed later when the Imperieuse showed up, but you can't have everything). It's not much of a margin, and was the result of some rather nice circumstances and many replays of Delenda Est (For enjoyment, I seem to have beating the mission on Medium down a pat)

Maybe I should clarify that this was 6 direct, 1 partial for a total of 7.

And, Battuta, it might need some patching, it's tougher than Forced Entry by a large margin. (To be fair, I completed FE first go in a Zeus, I think it was). DE took a few attempts, but I enjoyed every minute of them, personally. But a lot of people are complaining, so it does suggest that there are problems with it.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I just think the framerape makes it harder than it looks in FRED.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Believe it or not, but missions get playtested hundreds of times.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Fury, what kind of monster AI have you created?

Your worst nightmare. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Believe it or not, but missions get playtested hundreds of times.
Oh, you have no idea. I've played the missions in so many different states and so many times, I just don't even bother trying to remember their names.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Mah bad, misread.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Madcat

I wonder if this means I shouldn't patch it. Maybe it's just the next Forced Entry!

What do you mean with "patching" here?
I certainly think you need to iron out all the reported bugs with the checkpoints, JACKKNIFE arriving at the wrong time etc. so the mission runs smooth every time. Apart from that, I don't think it needs to be changed...  :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I wonder if this means I shouldn't patch it. Maybe it's just the next Forced Entry!

What do you mean with "patching" here?
I certainly think you need to iron out all the reported bugs with the checkpoints, JACKKNIFE arriving at the wrong time etc. so the mission runs smooth every time. Apart from that, I don't think it needs to be changed...  :nervous:

Those have been fixed (ironically they were due to player action in both cases.  :nervous:) However the beam overload sequence has also been made easier.

I thought DE was easy enough on insane  :doubt:
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I thought DE was easy enough on insane  :doubt:

Yeah, I'm not really getting all the tears about it being hard either. What I think it probably is, is that people are playing it with outdated rigs that can't keep up with the advancing march of the FS2 SCP (Through the MVPs) into a more modern age. So the lag is making it hard, as does need some decently quick reactions which lag would make hard.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hell, i can play it, and I get down to 4 FPS or below in places...
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns