Author Topic: War in Heaven - A review  (Read 1237 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
War in Heaven - A review
Oh Man what can I say about this and where do I start?

When AoA came out, it blew me away and then came the Directors cut which left the original AoA standing.

I really had difficulty seeing/did not see how it could get any better - boy was I wrong

The intro cutscene - I'd already seen what could be done cinematically with the engine in AoA,
but when I saw WiH intro  :eek2: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
I was just blown away it - i can't even begin to describe how epic it was.
Over the next two days, I experienced the joy, hope and most of all the despair that the characters felt.
The mission design, story and characterisations are among the best of just about any game I've ever played.
when I saw the ending, I felt it was just as great as the intro.
When I looked in the mission simulator, I was stunned to see it was only 17 missions long and at least 2 were cutscene missions.
It felt so much longer.

Oh God what an ending...I was on the edge of my seat. The questions that are left unanswered...The speculation I have for Part 2

All I can say is fantastic job guys  :yes: absolutly fantastic.

WiH didn't meet my expectations, it exceeded them to about the highest degree

I'm really looking forward to Part 2 I expect it to be just as totally frekking epic as part 1 if not more so.

Keep up the good stunning work
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: War in Heaven - A review
Thank you, good sir! We were going to make it just sort of okay, but now we'll make sure it's good just for you.  ;)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: War in Heaven - A review
I agree with that review, though I do hope those Earth ship models get reworked. They really made my system slow to a crawl at some points......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key