Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2656998 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Re: A celebration of Freespace
My problem with the Damocles is that it, despite being a destroyer, does not really feel like a warship at all in any sense of the word. It would, however, be a useful civilian ship if scaled down and got a reduction in turret count.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Wasn't it already released by Droid803 or Betreyal?
No, it wasn't. I've never finished my version, still have unfinished on my HD. Droid probably never started it.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'm pretty sure that an unfinished, but somewhat usable (half the turrets were broken though) version was (is?) available for download somewhere. Anyway, BW will most likely do a better job at this, since your Damocles had a lot of stuff missing.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yep, like I said in the other thread, I never started it because a) I think it looks ugly, b) It's intended role is YetAnotherTerranDestroyer, and c) I have no use for it. That's a losing combination.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I like to start off by i love this game and wished they would have  made more in the serious. Wish they still had it online to.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm pretty sure that an unfinished, but somewhat usable (half the turrets were broken though) version was (is?) available for download somewhere. Anyway, BW will most likely do a better job at this, since your Damocles had a lot of stuff missing.
It's not mine. My conversion has badly placed centerpoint and some lightning errors. It has LODs and debris, they were included with dumped model. All turrets were working. I didn't know about any other conversion than mine. Nevermind, we don't need any other conversions of this. BW's redesign is simply the best.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's not mine. My conversion has badly placed centerpoint and some lightning errors. It has LODs and debris, they were included with dumped model. All turrets were working. I didn't know about any other conversion than mine. Nevermind, we don't need any other conversions of this. BW's redesign is simply the best.
That sounds like the version I have. The turrets were working, I meant they were broken in that they were "inside out" on one side. The centerpoint was a bit oddly placed, the lighting had no big errors (though a few small ones) and the POF data was skeletal. It basically worked though.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That's probably original Aldo's dumped version. There is a pof in released rar. Original one has errors like that. Mine is not released.

Offline Droid803

That sounds like the version I have. The turrets were working, I meant they were broken in that they were "inside out" on one side. The centerpoint was a bit oddly placed, the lighting had no big errors (though a few small ones) and the POF data was skeletal. It basically worked though.

That's because Aldo made it with the old and buggy Max->Pof exporter, which (unless you're Spoon and know magic) you shouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.
(´・ω・`)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
So Ams did a cool script that basically puts the game in .00001 time compression and lets you walk around and take screenshots. So I did this.

And then I died because Aristeia Insane is the worse.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Badass script. What it's effect on the game, and how does the AI react? Is it like a kind of time-freeze effect?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Since it slows down the game clock, the AI is unaffected. It reacts just as it would normally, just slower. Lots slower.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
FS_Open: 486 Edition!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Don't worry Droid. I won't hurt Your project... So much :D

This thread needs moar new freespace stuff!

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
 :eek: :eek2:

Those are amazing! Is this the new 3.6.14? Release 8?

I got chills from them being awesome!  :yes: :yes:
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Droid803

Man betrayal, you have some fancy nebula bitmaps.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:eek: :eek2:

Those are amazing! Is this the new 3.6.14? Release 8?

I got chills from them being awesome!  :yes: :yes:
3.6.13 - Beta 3 of Shadows Build.
Mod is Exile: The Dark Heaven, a redesign of original Project Outreach - Droid803's old mod. More screenshots are coming soon!

Offline Darius

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
 :lol:
el hombre vicio...