Author Topic: PSA: Blue Planet Director's Cut stream  (Read 12199 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
PSA: Blue Planet Director's Cut stream
In preparation for the impending rerelease of Blue Planet, I'm going to stream both campaigns over the weekend. The first stream will start in about 20 Minutes (2000 GMT, 2100 BST).

http://www.twitch.tv/hlp_the_e

EDIT:

There now is a youtube playlist with all the archived streams.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:06:10 pm by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: PSA: Blue Planet Director's Cut stream
Dun dun dunnnn :D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Hehe, I did play through AoA last week. I'll keep an eye on this.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Stream done for now. There will be more tomorrow, time to be announced (but probably in the afternoon, GMT+1)

Noo I missed it  :(

Any chance of a VOD of today's stream?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Gibe vod

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Apparently I forgot to turn on automatic stream archiving, so those two hours are lost to the ether.

Drat.  Well, here's hoping there's a vod of the next one since I probably won't make it to that stream either (having to work on weekends sucks :sigh:)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Next stream will begin at 1300 BST/0800 EDT.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Update first, I fixed all the bugs.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
TBH, im getting bit of frustrated on how you handle the hype train, you keep pumping it, while delivering little to no effect (the most killer is Battuta and his voice acting project. He makes it look he have everything, but he will just not release it).

This is my feeling of this. This is why I mostly ignore BP forums until you guys get around to actually release anything.
Not that i do not appreciate your fluff work all around. don't take that from yourselves.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm working on this project practically full time right now (to the frustration of my publicist and book staff, I'm sure)- it just takes a lot of work to finish a good campaign. And we need to test thoroughly, since a tiny one-line table change can break the whole campaign.

It's not a matter of refusing to release it. It's that it's not done. This isn't creeping perfectionism. It's just how mods get made...you have to go through a cycle of tightening things, triaging in features you think you can afford, and playing the campaign over and over dozens of times.

As an example, we're missing two lines that a voice actor forgot to record. I'm in touch with him, but we can't release until he gets those lines back to us (or until we decide he's taking too long and cut the lines).

In the last week alone there've been 44 SVN commits. Mods take work. It's done when it's done.

Offline Aesaar

Also I just finished UVmapping the Titan.

Offline Luis Dias

Wat . Waaaaa

TBH, im getting bit of frustrated on how you handle the hype train, you keep pumping it, while delivering little to no effect (the most killer is Battuta and his voice acting project. He makes it look he have everything, but he will just not release it).

This is my feeling of this. This is why I mostly ignore BP forums until you guys get around to actually release anything.
Not that i do not appreciate your fluff work all around. don't take that from yourselves.

Gotta disagree here.  I'm actually a fan of the BP team's transparency.  Most heavily-anticipated mods tend to drop off the face of the earth until people start wondering whether or not the mod is dead or start losing interest.  Frequent updates, even small ones, are a good way to keep people interested by showing that there's actual progress being made.  So yeah, BP team, keep doing what you're doing. :yes:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
After the aborted attempt yesterday, I've fiddled with the tech and I think I have the corruption issue fixed. Next stream tentatively scheduled for today, 2000 BST.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Actually, I can understand that you have the things incomplete yet, what my problem was, Battuta made several post inclining that he have everything, but his own lack of time prevented him from release.

While keeping the hype is a good thing, (because damn, who doesn't wait for the next BP?!) it makes me a bit frustrated on just waiting.

We've tried using other voice coordinators in the past, and they've done great work, but in the end it's generally come down to my time.

A handoff would be ideal but I can't really figure out how to pull it off. It's frustrating, because two solid weeks of good work should wrap up everything we need for release.

Okay, all of Simms' lines are in SVN, we're in pretty good shape. I need to cut together the Simms/Laporte Sunglare dialog but all the laborious take-picking is done.

All the voice files are on my PC, the holdup is me processing them and getting them into SVN. I'm working on that now - Simms alone had 4gb of raw audio, and each line has dozens of takes that sometimes need to be stitched together into one master take, so it's an effort.

Unfortunately launching Destiny and my ~three-book contract~ eat up a lot of time. After audio engineering is done (Herra will do the final master), we need to finish some dreamscape tutorials for Act 3 and do a ton of playtesting and polishing.

The only holdup on this is my insanely overbooked life.

But dont mind me really, im just overly impatient over the thing, and get a little frustrated for waiting. And throwing in random audio lines just tease me.

You guys have your own lifes, own work, and I complete understand, just like I mentioned, I just get little impatient: waiting.

---------------------------
thats 21:00 GTM +1 hmm should be possible to finally take a look myself.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

The waiting's not ideal but Battuta's been so open and honest about it that I don't think it's fair to complain. I think putting out occasional teasers is much less frustrating on the whole than keeping a lid on everything until release and making the whole project look dead.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline CT27

I kind of agree with those who are defending Battuta's method of updating fans here.  We know the next BP release (WIH3) is still a ways off, but we know there's progress being made.

BWO and Inferno:  Nostos are two other campaigns I'm heavily anticipating and looking forward to, but people seem to wonder if they'll actually get completed.  Aside from Lepanto's terrific and enjoyable fiction pieces, I haven't seen many progress updates on the new Inferno.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And we're done for today! Next installment: Monday, 2000 GMT, where we will get into the meat of War In Heaven.