Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 242598 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Another problem:

The unfinished theme has been spewing thousands and thousands of errors to the HLP forum error log, making it impossible to diagnose any other error.  So, finish the theme!!

* Androgeos Exeunt checks the Error Console on his Firefox.

It's mostly a list of warnings and one message that's related to Google Ads. Nothing is listed under the Errors category, unlike some older versions of YouTube... :p

[attachment deleted by ninja]
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We were talking about forum error log which also logs errors in the theme. Nothing to do with what a browser sees.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've been getting this randomly, I get no reply/notify/bla/bla options on the lower part of the threads.

This issue comes and goes, not sure why... I've looked into the profile forum to see if that can be modified from there but found nothing.

Pic attached

EDIT: seems like a Chrome issue, Firefox does not present the same problem.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:33:54 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Your page numbers are missing too.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Yes, it's really annoying having to navigate to the top of the thread to move between pages or to post a reply, thank god for the quote option.. I can use it when I need to post something, at least for that.

EDIT: I just found the cause of the problem.. apparently I-m unlable to use the zoom option, this disables the button bar on the lower part of the thread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:03:23 am by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

Yes, it's really annoying having to navigate to the top of the thread to move between pages or to post a reply, thank god for the quote option.. I can use it when I need to post something, at least for that.

EDIT: I just found the cause of the problem.. apparently I-m unlable to use the zoom option, this disables the button bar on the lower part of the thread.
Thats interesting, because I using Chrome 9.0.597.98 on this machine and the zoom doesn't break anything for me.

But in this other thread the first time I loaded the page I was dropped halfway into Blackhole's post (the last one, which I read last night) and couldn't see LHN91's post at all (unfornatly I wan't really looking for the buttons at the time, but I don't think they or the paging controls were there).  I then re-checked my email notice to see the user name that caused it, noticed that LHN91's post wasn't there and reloaded the page, it then showed up correctly.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Don't worry about it, it's definitely a Chrome's issue.
Whenever I zoom out the buttons desapear right in front of my eyes, when I get back to normal zooming the buttons return.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Zoom's working fine on Chrome 10.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Weird...I've got Chrome 10 here and at work as well, both locations present the same problem.

I'll try flushing the temp files to see what happens.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Oh, you've zoomed out rather than in. Yeah, it does happen here too. I just didn't think anyone would zoom out. :rolleyes:

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
And yet my (windows 7, different pc than yesterday) chrome 10 doesn't do it when I zoom in or out.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah, I like my letters smaller.
Everyone says it breaks your eyes, but ppl always say a lot of bull****...  I remember they told me chewing gum destroyed your teeth, well I guess that wasn't true. Besides I feel better when reading smaller fonts, not too small, just a little tad smaller.

And yet my (windows 7, different pc than yesterday) chrome 10 doesn't do it when I zoom in or out.
Do this, Press CTRL + scroll wheel on the mouse to you once.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Do this, Press CTRL + scroll wheel on the mouse to you once.
I don't know what to tell ya, doesn't matter what zoom level in or out, set with the scroll wheel or the +/- keys, the text doesn't disappear.

I don't know what to tell ya, doesn't matter what zoom level in or out, set with the scroll wheel or the +/- keys, the text doesn't disappear.

Could it be a resolution-dependent thing then? Judging from his screenshot above, Rodo is at 1024px width, which is rather narrow.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

Could it be a resolution-dependent thing then? Judging from his screenshot above, Rodo is at 1024px width, which is rather narrow.
Hmm, I checked again today, and now the row disappears like it does for Rodo. :wtf:

I currently have Chrome 10.0.648.133.  Does anyone know of a way to check when Chrome last updated itself?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No idea, I can confirm you that the problem arised after upgrading to version 10 of Chrome.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Interesting Issue. Happens randomly, but only with FireFox (and I've since upgraded to 4).

Navigation no longer updates. EX: I see a board has an update to a Topic, I go into board, hit the "Latest" post button to read the "New" post, then hit "back" in the browser. Still shows as "New" and un-read unless I force reload the page. This -was- working though occasionally temperamental.

Might be add-on Related, but seeing as how I did a complete clean uninstall and wipe before installing 4.0 and prior to installing any Addons, I doubt it.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Shade

Not a new theme issue, I think. My browser does the same, and has for years. I suspect it's just overzealous use of the browser cache, but it never bothered me so I never investigated it further.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

That was it indeed. I had to go into about:config, filter by "cache" and turn some stuff off there, that solved it nicely.

So yeah, not a theme issue. In fact, out side of the footer padding being HUGE (and hard to read with grey-on-silver) I can't yet think of anything lately that has been an issue.
Aside from still needing to see Site Links returning.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm going through my theme to-do list, trying to knock off some of the smaller issues since I only have until the kids wake up from their naps... :-/

The drop down text when you are searching for a name when sending a pm is the same grey on lighter grey that the code boxes used with the added bonus of the selection text being white text on a light grey background.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the dropdown you mentioned; is it completely broken now? :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill