Community Projects > The FreeSpace Port Upgrade

Post Processing Bug with MediaVPS

<< < (5/5)

Goober5000:
Here's what Axem had to say:

--- Quote ---i recall weapon bitmap issues before when incorrectly used dds compression was used
weapon bitmaps should use dxt1 compression with no alpha
--- End quote ---

But the Avenger, Banshee, Disruptor, and S-Breaker all had DXT1 compression with no alpha, as expected.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on October 03, 2019, 08:28:29 am ---These effects haven't changed in years. If this is just now coming up, I suspect engine changes or video card driver issues.

--- End quote ---
The issue has been happening for years; while searching for something else, I stumbled across me talking about this exact issue with Axem on Discord in September of 2017 (specifically September 20th). At the time I noted that the problem occurred in builds at least as far back as 3.8.0, but not 3.7.4. No idea why a GitHub issue wasn't made; presumably I got distracted and forgot about it (I don't really play FSPort very often/ever; in fact, I think the only reason I encountered the bug myself was because I was reproducing a report somebody else made at the time).

Soul Reaver:
I'm resurrecting this one because I've come back to FSPort and notice this error is still there.
Seems a number of people in the thread have indeed been able to recreate it, so it's not just me that's seeing this.

Is there anything that I can do to assist with getting this looked into?  Is there a bug tracker where I can/should make a report?  Any extra info I can gather?

Goober5000:
I think this was solved.  I don't remember exactly how, but it involved a few Discord conversations.

Wait until the next FSPort release, tentatively scheduled for the end of this month.  It should have the new effects, and then you can see whether that fixed it.

Soul Reaver:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on June 16, 2020, 01:14:57 am ---I think this was solved.  I don't remember exactly how, but it involved a few Discord conversations.

Wait until the next FSPort release, tentatively scheduled for the end of this month.  It should have the new effects, and then you can see whether that fixed it.

--- End quote ---

That's awesome, really looking forward to it.  Will give it a test as soon as I can once it's out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version