Author Topic: I need a campaign supervisor  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
I need a campaign supervisor
Hello guys!

I am, as an amateur FREDder, trying to create a campaign. I'd like to ask here an experienced FREDder to "supervise" my project - testing my missions and taking a look at my FREDding.

Anyone? I'd really appreciate help in this matter... it will be a good campaign, but I am sure that I'll need help in creating it!
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: I need a campaign supervisor
I don't want to blow you away so fast, but listen this, a campaign is a heavy weight for just one freder, you might want to consider doing some work before trying to make a complete campaign by yourself, maybe doing some missions for the FRED academy would be best for you.
I'm not saying that you couldn't do it all by yourself, but a hole campaign is a lot of work even for a veteran freder... well I'm sure a veteran one can actually confirm this but well.

here you'll find the academy, you can apply to any free mission and there's no pressure as far as I can see which is good for a freelance freder and a learning one also (like myself).
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lucika

Good idea on the Academy, I'll take a look at it.
In fact, this is not a campaign yet, just individual missions with a possibility to link them together later :)

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
It would be a good idea to get some FREDing in at the FRED academy before trying to make a campaign, but if you feel that you want to try, nobody's going to stop you.:) When your ready to go ahead with the campaign, I can help a bit if you want.
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Good idea on the Academy, I'll take a look at it.
In fact, this is not a campaign yet, just individual missions with a possibility to link them together later :)

yeah that could work, actually you can make 5 or 6 missions and then pack them as the first release or demo release and after that I bet you would have the necessary to start a fair project by yourself, though you'll find also that a helping hand will be very usefull..there's a lot of people around willing to help like dragon up here.

If you want I can make background planets for you, note that I'm not that expert but it will add a little something to your missions, just let me know.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hello guys!

I am, as an amateur FREDder, trying to create a campaign. I'd like to ask here an experienced FREDder to "supervise" my project - testing my missions and taking a look at my FREDding.

Anyone? I'd really appreciate help in this matter... it will be a good campaign, but I am sure that I'll need help in creating it!

I'll be glad to, I pretty much had to learn FRED by reading the wikis, and doing it myself, while I think it's more fun that way, it's also a long process. In regards to making a campaign, yes it is hard work, but with a second person looking over your back it becomes a lot easier because that way you know what seems like 'bad' story telling, mission design etc, before its too late, which is what my problem was with the campaigns I tried to make. But every time I tried, I got a bit better.

If you want to pursue this, I'd kindly ask you PM me your basic outline for the campaign, the direction you want to take with it, and we should discuss it from there. In terms of your FRED-ing, I'd ask you email me (my email address is on my profile here) a mission you've made so I can take a look at it and get an idea of where you're at here. I'd be happy to test your missions, fix them if need be, and help you out with whatever you need done.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
I can do bugtesting, mission design/mission idea's, and look through the events editor to make sure that the missions are okay and filled in if you want. If not, that's perfectly fine.
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Lucika

Thanks for all of you, I'll send a PM for everyone here about the discussed matters. I am glad that I've found such an amount of a helping hand in such a short time :)