Author Topic: RELEASE: Meditations . . Chapter 1 (FS2 Retail)  (Read 37663 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: RELEASE: Meditations . . Chapter 1 (FS2 Retail)
It seems like we have to "catch him" otherwise he gives up on us for another month. Besides not understanding English, I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

I don't think so either. Holy frak.. there are some times I hate my fellow countrymen...

Wait... I always hate them.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
 :lol:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Spoiler:
Okay, fighting without sensors I can handle.  Fighting without sensors and with malfunctioning weapons?  Totally sucks.  I can stay right on his tail and keep him from shooting me that way, but I can't kill him.  The fight's been going on for twelve minutes with no sign of him dying.
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Spoiler:
Okay, fighting without sensors I can handle.  Fighting without sensors and with malfunctioning weapons?  Totally sucks.  I can stay right on his tail and keep him from shooting me that way, but I can't kill him.  The fight's been going on for twelve minutes with no sign of him dying.

Spoiler:
Yeah,  it's supposed to be tough though it seems no one else had a problem??? I dunno, if you're playing on hard it might be a problem. On hard I could barely last 10 seconds, but on medium or easy it should definately be doable. I wanted a duel, like the vs Vasudan Ace in FS1 that would be more challenging but it might be really hard on harder levels.

Spoiler:
He's not killing me.  He's barely hit me at all; the most damage I've taken came from ramming him.  It's just that the weapons malfunction so often that his shields recharge before they start working again.
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Spoiler:
He's not killing me.  He's barely hit me at all; the most damage I've taken came from ramming him.  It's just that the weapons malfunction so often that his shields recharge before they start working again.

Spoiler:
You should have a steady stream of weapons fire, just interrupted when every 2nd or 3rd shot doesn't fire. I think I gave the fighter rockeyes too, so might be important to nail him with some of those. I guess you just gotta keep on him and wear him down . . .?? I have actually won the mission before so I know it's doable.

Btw your engine is also buggered, so you're slower than normal incase you didn't realise.

Spoiler:
How could I not realize?   :P  I just redirected power to the engines to compensate since I barely even need my shields.  As for the Rockeyes, I used them all; the thing is the Rockeye missile is useless and doesn't home worth a damn, even when fired from directly behind the target while it isn't maneuvering.  I already used them all, and the Hornets are worthless.

I'm just going to go start over and unload the Hornets at him first this time, before the sensors completely break.

Spoiler:
I'm just going to go start over and unload the Hornets at him first this time, before the sensors completely break.

Spoiler:
Your weapons, sensors, etcetera should be hovering between like 20-50% or so . . . so they should never be completely broken. Though, useless as far as hornets go. (giving tempests would've made it too easy. And yeah rockeye's are mostly useless, but you can hit him sometimes.

Edited for stupidity
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:19:55 am by Akalabeth Angel »

What are you talking about?  The sensors go down to zero and stay there after about four minutes.  And while we're at it, the guns malfunction about half the time, and due to the firing sequence, the Prometheus cannon rarely gets to fire before the guns fail and the sequence starts over, Subachs first.

What are you talking about?  The sensors go down to zero and stay there after about four minutes. 

Really? That shouldnt be happening. Wierd. Oh wait . . . hmmn, darn. Maybe something's wrong with my sexp's, I just have that brokenness set up as a repeating loop but it only loops so many times. Maybe not enough times. (though I thought I set it like at 1000 or something akin to that). I'll check it out when I get home.

I don't know, he might have hit me and taken my sensors all the way out. 

Anyway, I'm just going to go crash into debris five times and skip this, because it's seriously not fun. 

I don't know, he might have hit me and taken my sensors all the way out. 

Anyway, I'm just going to go crash into debris five times and skip this, because it's seriously not fun. 

Sorry dude, it's also
Spoiler:
the last mission FYI. Maybe you just need to try it on an easier level? On Easy it's pretty easy, though as the level designer that doesnt mean jack really since I know the ins and outs of every mission.

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
Holy crap that subspace sequence with the Shivans was like an acid trip. Was that Sath actually moving closer or was I going crazy?

I really liked it though, good work. :yes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline thief

''What are you talking about?  The sensors go down to zero and stay there after about four minutes.  And while we're at it, the guns malfunction about half the time, and due to the firing sequence, the Prometheus cannon rarely gets to fire before the guns fail and the sequence starts over, Subachs first.''

Not only the sensors, but also engine and weapons remain disabled for good, and again is no way to call a suport to repair. :nervous:

''What are you talking about?  The sensors go down to zero and stay there after about four minutes.  And while we're at it, the guns malfunction about half the time, and due to the firing sequence, the Prometheus cannon rarely gets to fire before the guns fail and the sequence starts over, Subachs first.''

Not only the sensors, but also engine and weapons remain disabled for good, and again is no way to call a suport to repair. :nervous:

Er, okay. Uh . .. basically, what should be happening is after the player (alpha 1) says some cheesy dialogue about a pawn becoming a queen, the three systems should get repaired a little bit. Then, as per the game, they should began to repair completely over the time. But to prevent them getting to 100% I have them become sabotaged a little bit when they reach a certain threshold. For example, when the weapons get over 50% they're sabotaged 10%. Now, for you guys, I dunno what's going on. Either the inital repairs aren't happening, or the ship is being damaged by the enemy fighter??? Why things work on my end and fail to work completely on the other end I don't know, but it's certainly frustrating (and not blaming you guys). It would be nice to have things work for you the way they work for me.

Hmmn, I wonder. Maybe someone renamed the Seth's subsystems on the HTL so they no longer match???  Hmmn, no they seem to be the same. I dunno what's going on.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Not sure why everyone had so much trouble, I even managed to get Hornet lock on the guy more than once. Of course being Hornets, they missed the first two times, but I found it tremendously satisifying when I got lock the third time and watched him take a full salvo in the face.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Oh, getting Hornet lock isn't the problem; the problem is that the missiles don't want to fire, and, being Hornets, they miss too much.  I've whittled him down to 37% hull strength before running out of missiles, but once you're out of missiles, the jig is up. 

Necro my own thread yay.

If anyone's curious I've decided to begin working on chapter 2. The end of the story is still very much up in the air for me, but that won't affect chapter 2. The second part will be SCP only, because I want to take advantage of the cinematic abilities of cutscenes, etcetera. The story will be the same, but the campaign structure will be a little different and hopefully something a little fun and refreshing.

I expect about 10-11 or so missions for Chapter 2 total. But that doesn't include the cutscenes and so forth, depending on how long that takes me to learn, it might slow the project down a lot but we'll see. And there won't be any more long boring patrol missions. A lot more action, but I'd always planned that from the get go so that's not really due to feedback or anything. Also the new campaign structure will hopefully keep out the filler missions, and what is basically unnecessary work on my part.

Hopefully with a little more pre-planning this time, the characters will be more consistent and believable.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out the heads up. Expect a release when it's done. Hahah. Maybe next year (spring 2009), depends upon how long my interest lasts in it. I might also try to put in some new ships of mine, which may slow things down. Like the Vasudan fighter I never got around to texturing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52461.20.html