Author Topic: A typical build  (Read 3493 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Recent build, should be fully up to date with CVS:
- Registry values "SoundSampleRate" and "SoundSampleBits" set sample rate and bits
- Sound buffers are no longer forced into software memory
- Ship limit no longer statically allocated

Explanation:
Use registry values SoundSampleRate and SoundSampleBits to set whatever samplerate and bitrate you want Freespace 2 sound at. Note that OGG and ADPCM files will still be decoded to 16 bits max (although some were always decoded to 8 bits in retail)

Sound may be slightly faster now

The ship type limit is not statically allocated...in other words, you can put as many ship types in ships.tbl and they should be stored into memory, no matter how many there are.

However, I haven't changed any of the code that assumes there will always be an array of size MAX_SHIP_TYPES.

So, funky stuff may happen. I'm interested in what kind of funky stuff, the debug build is included.

Multiplayer on Fs2NetD is definitely not guaranteed to work, and you shouldn't use it with this build unless you don't care about your score at all.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C01082005.exe
-C

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This build simply does not work with TBP 3.0 at all. It won't even start, no matter what I try.

Offline redmenace

//added to website
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline KyJelly

i'm extremely confused. on warpcore the name says 1/08/2005 but the                                      date says 1/11/2005 while the other file (one from yesterday) the dates match up ie 1/10/2005. wich one is newest? i know it seems obvious that 1/10/2005 would be but that was posted yesterday and the 1/08/2005 one was posted today. very confused :)
P4 3ghz
6800 Ultra

Offline KyJelly

P4 3ghz
6800 Ultra

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
1/10/2005 is newer, I've been updating it pretty much daily. (See the thread for it)

The ship limit is statically set, though everything else should be pretty much the same. (There are a few minor optimizations/changes to make it more compatible with dynamic ship allocation.)
-C

Offline KyJelly

thank you
P4 3ghz
6800 Ultra