Author Topic: Release1 go CRASH  (Read 4204 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Again me ...

Ok , so , this time I have a problem with Inferno . It crashes often ( what am I talking about - always ) .

At first , on SCP , it crashed when I was on the mission at Ross128 inspecting the debris and finding the EA installation . When that big Shivan ship comes , the game crashes . Either when it came , was going to leave or I destroyed the beam cannon . And I couldn't do anything to pass the mission .

Second , Inferno R1 crashed when I tried to run the first mission . It loaded almost fully and then crashed .

I have the SCP patch and all . I have the mediavps ( not advanced ones , cause my PC couldn't handle them ) . Though those mediavps gave me trouble while running the main campaign also ( crashed when I selected HercMk2 , tried my own mission on FRED2SCP , finished Their Finest Hour mission simulation ) .

I can delete the mediavps or reinstall the mod . But I don't think anything would change . So , any help please ?

P.S. This is probably my longest post here yet .

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Off the top of my head, try  creating a new pilot, see if that helps.  (I'm shooting from the hip here, this may not be a good suggestion, but it can't hurt to create a new pilot file.)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Unfortunately I already did that almost 5 times and it didn't work . I posted here only when I lost my hope of fixing that myself .

I can delete the mediavps or reinstall the mod . But I don't think anything would change . So , any help please ?

Actually, it would, since you have problems with the Mediavp's I would highly recommend you to remove them from your inferno folder  or from the multimod .ini (especiially the first option)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
They shouldn't be in your Inferno folder.  :rolleyes:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The mediavps are in the mediavps folder inside FREESPACE2 folder , not in inferno or the game directory itself . Inferno Alliance works fine with those thingies , but InfernoR1 crashes .

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Eh?  I thought the SCP patch for R1 fixed it.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The SCP patch was released a long time ago and the mediavps really didn't exist at that point.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

I reccomend deactivating the Medias when you play R1. It's an older campaign, and wasn't designed to work with them... even with the SCP Patch.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It doesn't really make too much of a change IIRC.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Mediavps are diabled . Actually , I even deleted them . But I always get Mallocs . On retail FS2 I didn't get those at all .

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Strange... Ive never had a problem running R1wSCPpatch using mvps.