Author Topic: Freeware Games?  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
derek smarts game i assume your talking about snail?
Yup. :cool:

9/10 chance you'll **** your dog after playing.

hahaha :lol:.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Minesweeper. Best game ever.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
How about Need For Madness? It's an online game from RadicalPlay.com, but ArcadeTown has a free PC download available.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Don't accept any mission to move anything direct to Earth, it dumps you in the most common storyline, and the least interesting one.

you dislike the Vell-os? Heretic! Aurorans, Vell-os and Polaris are best! :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Don't accept any mission to move anything direct to Earth, it dumps you in the most common storyline, and the least interesting one.

you dislike the Vell-os? Heretic! Aurorans, Vell-os and Polaris are best! :)

I'll grant the Vell-os ships are pretty awesome, but the storyline ain't the best of them. (That honor goes unequivocally to the Auroran.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Vidmaster

agree to the second part, don't agree to the first.
Uninteresting are Rebels and Assoc (and Wild Geese).

Another full free (legal, ad supported) game:
http://www.fileplanet.com/187537/180000/fileinfo/Psi-Ops:-The-Mindgate-Conspiracy-(Free-Game)

The Adds are harmless, it's like this: A 8 second add pops up either at game start or after quitting and there is a little banner in the menu. That's all.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The following is NOT freeware, but I got it from WildGames for free anyway, so it might be worth giving it a shot.

You may be able to get Blasterball 2: Holidays for free if you download the WildGames Console. However, this offer was valid a long time ago, and after so many updates to the Game Console, I'm not sure if they bundle it with Blasterball 2: Holidays now.

Final Drive Nitro is one of WildGames' more successful games. Some years back, they released its "smaller brother", Final Drive Fury. Unlike Nitro, which requires you to purchase the full version, WildGames offers Final Drive Fury to the public for free. Fury cannot compare to Nitro, though, so be warned.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:23:53 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
I'll grant the Vell-os ships are pretty awesome, but the storyline ain't the best of them. (That honor goes unequivocally to the Auroran.)

Tru dat.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Vidmaster

you agree, I do not. Well doesn't matter :).

you can get Escape Velocity and Escape Velocity Override for free if you buy EV:Nova  ;7
(they are available as TCs). And they are even better now since they use some of the new features.
And then, there is that gorgus graphical update TC for Override which can be converted to Nova...  :nod:
A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Still, EV and EV:O differ from Nova, especially the way the stories are told. Still, wouldn't it be great to discover a all new universe? (in case you dont know, no EV game has any connections to another).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sadly, to give you an idea of just HOW awesome the Vell-os ships are, when I see a pair of Darts in my mighty Polaris Scarab, which will eat any other ship in the game except perhaps the even mightier Raven as a snack, I fear for my survival (and about half the time, am justified) When I see an Arrow, I jump the hell out, never mind a Javelin.

(Though it might help to deploy my 12 Mantas more, but they're half a mill each to replace!)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Battlecruiser Millennium v1.09.03 (released: 05.20.05)
for free?

Woot i can die happy"!!

[superstrongsarcasm tags in effect]

I've played Battlecruiser Millennium (*waits for blow to fall*  :P), it's not the best game I've ever played, but it's not the worst, either. It's just ... well, neither good or bad. In the middle. I think the problem with it is that it has a complete lack of character. Although I enjoyed playing it a few times, it can be dull on occasion.

But onto something you might like: Generally. It's a nice little race game. Only about a 1.3Mb download. Although the graphics are bright and cheerful, if I recall correctly the physics are good enough for it to be classed as a simulation. And it has a big community, so you can expand it by getting new tracks, cars and sounds etc.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh yes, how could I forget GeneRally?

I used to have it installed on my computer*, but after it kept crashing, I removed it.

* - I was twelve years old and using Windows Me at that time.
My blog

MP-Ryan