Author Topic: Jack Thompson Disbarred  (Read 3434 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: Jack Thompson Disbarred
This idiot should be banned from life

:wtf:

Sieg Heil!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm not worried. As age takes it toll our generation, a generation raised on transformers and Ninja turtles will rise to seats of power and then gaming will know no limits and spread throughout the known universe (which is technically still earth :p: and all will rejoice forever.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Odd Writings

• Cannon fodder
*:bump:? Or "Rise, o topic of doom, from this rather shallow grave since you are still on page 1 when I opened it and all that jazz"?*

Am I right to worry about what the future now holds?

Somebody who might be not as vocal as Thompson, but who would quietly work on doing what Thompson thought he was successful at?

Not to mention one that has more brains and knows how to use them, so...ya.

>>; I managed to get minuses on kills...that be bad, right?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, as a UK citizen, I wouldn't get involved in a law that didn't specifically target Video Games, i.e. something that covered all Media, Films, TV etc (though they would fail under the First Amendment, it's still between the American Public and its government). My complain about Thompson was his habit of attacking only video games because it was the newest, and therefore most vulnerable, form of media. And also his complete and total lack of ability to be professional, or even civil, whilst debating it.

I think in many ways, despite his somewhat 'good' intentions, Thompson has ruined any chance of others succeeding, since he's single handedly managed to reduce a real topic into a 'Harry Potter encourages Satanism' type debate. I also think the main fact that a lot of people aren't aware of is that it isn't just computer games that work on a voluntary rating system in the US, so do Movies etc, but courts ARE aware of it, and that will always be a major stumbling block for censors.

Even the interactivity argument falls on its face when you consider that dancing to modern music was considered unhealthy 45 years ago(remember how Elvis' hips allegedly promoted promiscuity?)

The bigger concerns are people like Leland Yee or Schwarzenegger, they are the ones who are more of a risk to the market than Thompson, who's almost certainly  generated more sales than he has stopped.

My argument is always this:

Almost everyone has heard of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', do you think that was because it was a good movie? ;)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I'm not worried. As age takes it toll our generation, a generation raised on transformers and Ninja turtles will rise to seats of power and then gaming will know no limits and spread throughout the known universe (which is technically still earth :p: and all will rejoice forever.

That is not reassuring...  :nervous:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...