Author Topic: Pb with FS2 :(  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Ok, I decided it was about time to worry about that so, here is my pb:
when there's a lot of objects on the screen, for exemple when I'm facing an asteroid field, the sound becomes choppy with craklings, and I have big slow downs, the game is still smooth and all, but it's like everything was slower (including the music). I've tried to fix that by upgrading my video and sound card drivers, but there's nothing to do.
I have an athlon firebird, a sb128 and an Ati Radeon (all in wonder 32 Mo), does someone know an issue with one of these related to fs2, and a way to fix it?.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Grey Wolf

Decrease your detail setting. Also, what's your processor speed and RAM? If you don't have enough of those it can cause problems.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nico

• Venom
900 mhz and 128 mb
No, I tried to reduce details, I tried to decrease resolmution, and I reisntalled the thing one, two, three times, nothing works  
SCREW CANON!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Make sure sound is not set to Aureal or 3d sound - use direct
 sound.  I had exactly the same problem using an sb128, and I fixed it by changing  the settings to direct sound.  

Offline QXMX

I had a problem with 128 MB on win 2k.  Got another 128 MB and there's no loading delays  

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Webmaster of Subspace Zero

Co-Creator, GroundZero
ICQ# 117983680

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by aldo_14:
Make sure sound is not set to Aureal or 3d sound - use direct
 sound.  I had exactly the same problem using an sb128, and I fixed it by changing  the settings to direct sound.  

I only have the choice between AurealA3D, and DirectSound, and No Sound (cool). I was on Direct.

SCREW CANON!