Author Topic: vJoy not reading/recognizing my joysticsk(Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder  (Read 1703 times)

vJoy not reading/recognizing my joysticsk(Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder
I have been tried for a couple of days now, installing and reinstalling, including troubleshooting based on a myriad of suggestions I found online. Including going through this helpful thread: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91694.0

I have used Joystick Gremlin(v13.3) and UCR (v0.9.0 Alpha1+8) to work as a feeder to vJoy(2.2.1.0), but still I can't make it to read.

I know I am missing something or doing something wrong. So I came here to ask what should I do, as I am dying to playing some Babylon 5 campaigns.

The controllers I am trying to make vJoy to identify are the Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder Pedals. ( I have 4 MFDs and 2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants, but I am not using them for vJoy and neither are being recognized either)

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: vJoy not reading/recognizing my joysticsk(Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder
Yo. Can I confirm here that the profile you've created in UCR has the input devices mapped correctly (i.e. you've mapped "Button 1" from your Warthog stick as the profile's "Button 1", for example)? And from there, have you confirmed that UCR is outputting to the vJoy stick that you've created? I just took a look at mine in UCR and that's the way it appears to be setup, and mine has worked well for a year or so.

If that's confusing, let me know and I'll walk you through how/what I did.

Re: vJoy not reading/recognizing my joysticsk(Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Rudder
Yo. Can I confirm here that the profile you've created in UCR has the input devices mapped correctly (i.e. you've mapped "Button 1" from your Warthog stick as the profile's "Button 1", for example)? And from there, have you confirmed that UCR is outputting to the vJoy stick that you've created? I just took a look at mine in UCR and that's the way it appears to be setup, and mine has worked well for a year or so.

If that's confusing, let me know and I'll walk you through how/what I did.

Thanks for the reply!

I only mapped the axis, and I am using TARGET GUI to map the buttons. But, I will try it either way, so I just tried it now, mapping Button 1 to button 1 on vjoy and didn't work either. Took a screenshot holding button 1 - trigger first detent - and nothing :/

Forgot to mention, TARGET is currently not running, so the thrustmaster combined is not on. (doesn't matter much, since TARGET is not hiding the throttle and the joystick either)

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:16:16 pm by DrJester »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Hmm, that's pretty bizarre. Have you tried deleting and then re-creating the virtual joystick? And just using UCR to map the buttons/axes? And can I confirm that you've tried to run this in Freespace using Knossos and the buttons/axes don't work?

Hmm, that's pretty bizarre. Have you tried deleting and then re-creating the virtual joystick? And just using UCR to map the buttons/axes? And can I confirm that you've tried to run this in Freespace using Knossos and the buttons/axes don't work?

Alright, spent a while trying this, disabling and re-enabling, and I still can't get it to work. I've also tried enabling a second vJoy and forcing UCR to use it, instead of vjoy1. No go. Running UCR with admin privileges still no go. I tried using ViGem, and UCR can send the information quite well to it.

ViGem is not ideal, as in other games, like Darkstar One, it has a deadzone the size of texas, but it works well on Freespace. A workaround until I figure this out, since it has limited buttons and limited axis.