Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844202 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Ahem.

IT IS OUT!
I tried. This is exactly I wanted.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

Soooo beautiful! :yes:
Q. Are that PBR maps or good light settings?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Q. Are that PBR maps or good light settings?

Both.

R

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

New stuff! This is EACv Dioscuri - EA heavy corvette and worst nightmare for GTVA capships in Act II :D . My recent collab with Rampage.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:02:27 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

:yes: :yes: :yes:
but it's kinda hard to say where the front and where the rear is on that pic... :nervous: Takes 2 looks atleast.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I picked bad angle -___-

Left side is front. Engines are below that "spoiler" thing on the right side.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I also posit that if you can't tell, does it really matters which end is the front on a #StandardHumanSpaceship, if it looks great either way? :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I also posit that if you can't tell, does it really matters which end is the front on a #StandardHumanSpaceship, if it looks great either way? :P
Nah admitted, it doesn't really matter. Hey, it could be athmosphere-ready too - according to that picture. ;)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Those crazy jovians...

Render of front, in it's "natural environment". I guess it should be Sol? Crap, Sol has no nebulae so no proper PBR lighting.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:56:57 am by Nyctaeus »

R

That is gorgeous! I very much look forward to seeing the tereus in EA colors :)

I think the Tereus will remain the way it is as it's not one of the EA-Jovian ships, at least I'd interpret this that way:

The ships based on Jovian designs revealed in R1 are the Soter, Tyrannos, and the Kyrios (to an extent).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I think the Tereus will remain the way it is as it's not one of the EA-Jovian ships, at least I'd interpret this that way:

The ships based on Jovian designs revealed in R1 are the Soter, Tyrannos, and the Kyrios (to an extent).
No, it will not. Silver-blue-yellow-white is standard EA color scheme and it applies to whole EA fleet. Me and Rampage are going to upgrade whole EA fleet to this standard in lightning speed. Skotas is, by the way, non-jovian ship.

I very much look forward to seeing the tereus in EA colors :)
You lucky... Tereus is next on my queue :]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:23:57 am by Nyctaeus »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

New stuff! This is EACv Dioscuri - EA heavy corvette and worst nightmare for GTVA capships in Act II :D . My recent collab with Rampage.

Is this in-game? If so, put it on the screenshots section of the wiki! It's incredible!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank you :). It's IRay render from Substance Painter. I will show ingame shots in a couple of days.

Wait. Does that mean that the Nemesis will also receive dark grey-blue textures? I actually liked that little difference between old and new INF EA ships... :(

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Wait. Does that mean that the Nemesis will also receive dark grey-blue textures? I actually liked that little difference between old and new INF EA ships... :(
We will surely UV it and paint dedicated texture, and as EA always had dedicated and unified texture scheme, it is what you should expect. Anyway different color schemes were planned for different fleets. We will see if we implement that.

Our main goal is to get rid of all freaking tiles. It is one of the most important reasons why new color scheme was implemented. Unless we decide otherwise, Nemesis will also be blue-yellow-gray.

Well I guess there's no need to be salted before I see the results. :hopping: ;)
Atleast the UV bug on the engines would be gone then.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The Tereus is next for upgrade.  Other EA capships ready for makeover include the Eclipse, the Asklepios, the Nemesis, and the Basileus (EA-Jovian destroyer).  Currently I’m working on upgrading the meshes of the Aesacus, the Minoa, and the EA freighters (not exactly in that order).  The Auriga carrier is also slowly being worked on.

In terms of the paint scheme, the Lindos was upgraded by Nyctaeus before the release of Nostos.  I’ll leave total creative control to him as to which paint scheme he wants to make the EA fleet.  We also discussed briefly team colors, but none of that has been implemented as of yet.

Eventually the Transjovians will have their own fleet, comprised of specialized cruisers (missile, torpedo, long range beams, strikecraft suppression, blockade runner, and field command) in battlegroups led by Kyrios and Dioscuri corvettes and supported by Tyrannos light carriers.  This is in various degrees of development and we don’t plan to roll this out just yet.

R

Will the Jovians only have their own color scheme/textures or completely different cruisers?