Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115460 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
With the illegal missiles, do they actually appear on your ship when the mission starts? I'd guess that they get removed and replaced by a default anyway, right?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
With the illegal missiles, do they actually appear on your ship when the mission starts? I'd guess that they get removed and replaced by a default anyway, right?
Yep you get the Venom instead.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
So that means one of a few things is happening.

1) The warning about the illegal missile is new and no one noticed that the Panther was enabled since it was automatically replaced.
2) The warning did occur but no one cared since it was replaced.
3) The tables have been altered at some point to make the Panther not enabled on that particular ship and no one noticed that there were missions that had it.

1 or 2 seem most likely but I think I have a copy of TBP v2 somewhere so I can double check it's not 3.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
1 or 2 seem most likely but I think I have a copy of TBP v2 somewhere so I can double check it's not 3.
I have one as well and it's not.
Also what do you think about replacing the font to look like this?

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:24:40 pm by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq

[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I like it. But I tend to leave art decisions to people who know something about art.

Offline wesp5

I like it. But I tend to leave art decisions to people who know something about art.

I think it's okay as well, but why should it be changed? Wouldn't this remove the original TBP font?

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Well yes, but it's replacing it with the show font.

Offline wesp5

Well yes, but it's replacing it with the show font.

If we are allowed to do that, go ahead :)!

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I fixed it and also pushed the new font.  If we don't want it, it should be easy to revert.

Any updates on this project?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We're hoping for an initial release pretty soon.

Offline wesp5

Okay, three months have passed, so we probably need a new definition of "soon" ;). Or do you need some help somewhere?

Well  9/30/19 is Freespace 2’s twentieth birthday so it would be nice to see one of the best total conversions released then.  I could post it in the B5 rooms I frequent and I am sure it will be received well.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll make an effort to get it out before then. I'm pretty sure we can do it.

I am going to try and have the VoiceAttack profile done for TBP by then as well.   BTW I am using AMY for the TTS voice.

https://harposoftware.com/en/english-uk/139-amy-british-english-voice.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:28:07 pm by OverDhill »

Well  9/30/19 is Freespace 2’s twentieth birthday so it would be nice to see one of the best total conversions released then.  I could post it in the B5 rooms I frequent and I am sure it will be received well.

Any FS promotion abroad is welcome~ :)

Here is the VoiceAttack command list I have so far. Some commands are present that are used in FSO but since I am working towards that end I have them included for now until I split them out. 

The profile has a pretty extensive database about TBP much like the HCS Voice Packs do.

Will polish the VAP file and upload soon.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Hello peeps! It's been a while.  :pimp:

So a new version in production eh?

I'd be happy to help with a new installer when it's ready.

hip63 :p

P.S. - If any of you happen to play Empire: Total War, you might want to check the latest project I helped with:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-american-revolution
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Any progress?

Dumb question... as someone who just jumped into this thread yesterday hoping to find a downloadable Babylon 5 product... I am just wondering if this is the thread where it will be eventually released as a finished product?  And... I can't stop myself from asking, but... do we have a likely time frame for this to happen? 

And... This also needs to be said:  To all the modders who give their time to make something like this a reality for those of us who only play... THANK YOU! 

And thank you for putting up with all us "kids" in the back seat asking.... "Are we there yet?!"

;)