Author Topic: RELEASE: The Antagonist  (Read 60536 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: RELEASE: The Antagonist
Oh dang, sorry to hear about the bugs. It has not been updated in almost 3 years so I guess that's expected. Do you remember when the crashes happened and what you were doing when they did?

All the sounds are custom with some taken off the internet from military weapon demos, explosions and the like. I tried to use effects to make it sound like the voiced sounds are not beatboxing, but people caught me in the act.

The ship skin is explained as Edward's wiring over the ship. However, I have a lot of respect for people who can actually do texture art.

BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE: The Antagonist
Oh dang, sorry to hear about the bugs. It has not been updated in almost 3 years so I guess that's expected. Do you remember when the crashes happened and what you were doing when they did?

No apology needed!  I was able to finish the game, and I enjoyed it immensely. 

I posted some more detail in the RC5 release thread:

Playing The Antagonist using 3.7.2(RC5) and 3.6.12, I keep crashing to desktop ("FSO has stopped working" dialog box) while fighting with the Granite (Osmund's ship), both in and out of subspace.  It happens at various points, and I cannot determine what triggers it.

I posted a few logs, too, but I don't know if anyone found anything, or if they were even useful.  :)  Reading through older posts, it looked like others had had similar issues in the past. 

Thanks again for an enjoyable experience!  This was one of the first mods I have played - I had been sticking with the FS2 main campaign, and Diaspora, for years.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.