Author Topic: Blizzard's new game  (Read 5457 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Seems to be some sort of late April Fool's joke?

http://www.blizzard.com/whoa/

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the forthcoming real-time strategy game set in the World of Warcraft universe, Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth!

EDIT: I actually fell for it, but realized what it was and can't delete my post, soo...here it is, edited to cover up my stupidity :p
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:35:30 pm by Unknown Target »

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
WHoA comes in *four* different box covers
(that's TWICE as many as WoW!)

:lol:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
The funny thing about that whole "different box covers" thing is that some people actually care about that sort of thing. No doubt some even bought games several times just to collect the different boxes!

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
sad thing is i really wish this was true...I want blizzard to make a return to the single player game...  :blah:

where's Starcraft 2?  i lost interest in WoW after a month, it was just kind of dull.  Starcraft and the even older Warcraft 2 had much more compelling multiplayer awesomeness that you didn't have to forgo beer to pay for.  I miss the odd school direct modem connection too!

I'm old school like that, but the best fun i've had with multiplayer when it was with a group of people i actually knew (no offense to anyone here, but i don't KNOW you!) and laying the smackdown on them with a siege tank offensive.

BLIZZARD PLEASE COME BACK TO THE SINGLE PLAYERS OF THE WORLD!  we miss you...

rant complete!
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I'll second that.  I want to see StarCraft 2...!!!!

This is a pretty subtle but funny joke.  Very well crafted :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
I'll second that.  I want to see StarCraft 2...!!!!

This is a pretty subtle but funny joke.  Very well crafted :)

i have personally boycotted blizzard untill they release a non-mmorpg-raped starcraft 2 :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
I know what you mean...I realize the MMORPG's are huge money makers and all but I hate a monthly subscription thing.  Mostly because I tend to play games for years...and I tend to leave them...for weeks or months at a time and come back to them later. So a MMORPG would be a huge waste of money for me.  I want singleplayer and free multiplayer!
- IceFire

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Yeah, I too want a sequal to Starcraft.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I know what you mean...I realize the MMORPG's are huge money makers and all but I hate a monthly subscription thing.  Mostly because I tend to play games for years...and I tend to leave them...for weeks or months at a time and come back to them later. So a MMORPG would be a huge waste of money for me.  I want singleplayer and free multiplayer!

Or at lerast pay-per-play multiplayer...

Let's face it - the monthly subscriptions are way too huge ATM.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3

Or at lerast pay-per-play multiplayer...

Let's face it - the monthly subscriptions are way too huge ATM.
Pay per play would kill it for me too.  I would never play if thats how it was going to be done.
- IceFire

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Aye, Starcraft 2!!!

*lights up torches*

Really cool joke.

Guys, heres a little tidbit for you all...

Blizzard is going to South Korea next month for a 'Big Announcement'. Gee, I wonder what that could be.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Guys, heres a little tidbit for you all...

Blizzard is going to South Korea next month for a 'Big Announcement'. Gee, I wonder what that could be.

Link?  :)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
The big announcement will probably be "StarCraft Minesweeper for Windows Vista" :D
- IceFire

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What's with all this whining about multiplayer subscription costs? The money you use to buy a game is used to cover costs for development and publishing, the money you pay for multiplayer is used to cover costs for server hardware, maintenance, bandwidth and further software development.

As a consumer I want cheaper games and cheaper multiplayer costs, but I also understand why multiplayer may cost. When I still played WoW actively, I though I got my money's worth. I would have nothing against cheaper subscription costs, but there's no point in whining about it because I know the money is used to make the service profitable, continuous service and fund further development of the service.

Would I like to see a successor to StarCraft? Hell yes. Would I mind if Blizzard would develop StarCraft MMORPG? I wouldn't. I just hope the successor to SC comes first.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
What's with all this whining about multiplayer subscription costs? The money you use to buy a game is used to cover costs for development and publishing, the money you pay for multiplayer is used to cover costs for server hardware, maintenance, bandwidth and further software development.

As a consumer I want cheaper games and cheaper multiplayer costs, but I also understand why multiplayer may cost. When I still played WoW actively, I though I got my money's worth. I would have nothing against cheaper subscription costs, but there's no point in whining about it because I know the money is used to make the service profitable, continuous service and fund further development of the service.

Would I like to see a successor to StarCraft? Hell yes. Would I mind if Blizzard would develop StarCraft MMORPG? I wouldn't. I just hope the successor to SC comes first.

Yeah, but server maintainance doesn't cost 500000000$ a year my boy...

If it was 1$ a month per player then it would be OK..
For WOW alone that would ammount to 3million a month.. which is more than enough for any and all server costs. But 10-15$ a month? WTF? Thats plain highway robbery.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Highway robbery? Maybe if it was 50$ month, but 15$ isn't much, you already use as much for food every day.

Yeah, but server maintainance doesn't cost 500000000$ a year my boy...

If it was 1$ a month per player then it would be OK..
For WOW alone that would ammount to 3million a month.. which is more than enough for any and all server costs. But 10-15$ a month? WTF? Thats plain highway robbery.

Millions of people are readily prepared to pay for it, and online gaming is not a monopoly, therefore it can't be defined as highway robbery in any sense. And I'm pretty sure they don't employ people in near slavery either. Perhaps you think profit margins are fine as long as they're low? :rolleyes:

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Its certainly not highway robbery because as you say...its not a monopoly so the MMORPG publishers/developers charge whatever the market will support.  But I could care less about that.  Either its free or I'm not playing it online and thats my price.  As I mentioned before...my playing time and style does not make a monthly charge worthwhile and I'm far too economically minded to do any sort of pay per play system either.  All I want is basically what WarCraft 3 and StarCraft offered...War3 was even better...I log in, I select my settings, and I hit play and quick match matches me up for a good game.  Then I may play 3 more games like that and then not play for two months.
- IceFire

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Highway robbery? Maybe if it was 50$ month, but 15$ isn't much, you already use as much for food every day.

Considering you pay for hte game itself, I'd say it is.

For an average US citizen, 15$ ain't that much...but when you earn 400-800$ a month then it is quite a lot.