Author Topic: Blood Bowl?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Anyone hear a bout it?

It's  american footbal (? That names makes no sense. They hardly use the foot and all) set in Warhammer universe.
Lots of blood and mangling your opponent.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...

I literally found out about it a few days ago. What the hell are you doing in my head, man?

On a side note, who here knows of Space Hulk? I picked it up on a whim at the behest of some friends, and am told it's now a rarity. I don't actually know what the gameplay entails, or if it's even fun, so any insight would be much appreciated.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
They just reintroduced it with shiny new models and the works.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ohhh, used to play this years ago against my brother, had an Undead team, not fast, but you didn't want to come up against a Mummy blocker ;) Oh, and Vampires were nasty too. My brother originally played High Elves, but they were stopped too easily, even by a Zombie, you had to rely too much on your Star players, so he switched to Empire, which made the game much more challenging.

Nice to know it's making a re-emergence :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:24:49 am by Flipside »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
On a side note, who here knows of Space Hulk? I picked it up on a whim at the behest of some friends, and am told it's now a rarity. I don't actually know what the gameplay entails, or if it's even fun, so any insight would be much appreciated.

Space Hulk? The gamplay?
You in a severly nefred Terminator Armor against an endless horde of genestaalers...in the corridors of a space hulk.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline stuart133

• Check for Fail
All I remember from Blood bowl was getting horribly killed in nearly every game I played!!
Organiser of HLP 10. (Well at least so I am told)

Stuart you're running this one now ain't ya? So get choosing. :p

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I've known of this for some time... never caught my interest, though. GW makes some pretty cool very-little-known games to my knowledge, though I've never played them. And a whole lotta' money down the hole, there...

I first learned of "Space Hulk" through a game called "Space Crusade" I downloaded from Abandonia.com. DOS-tacular Space Marine action!!! Works really slow on DOSbox... so it proved to be fairly boring. Good challenge, though, and apparently quite similar to the original board game.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Oddly enough, I quite enjoyed playing the Sea-warfare one whose name escapes me, it didn't last long, but I had a Dark-Elf fleet (Ark of Naggaroth ftw) and the models were nice, and great fun to paint ;)

Blood Bowl is more akin to Rugby than American Football but yes I've played it though not for years.
I have models for High Elves, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Khemri Undead, Norse and some other BS team I invented. Though only the CD, HE and Norse are the proper figs. The DE, KU and BS team are all other figs I adapted for the game.