Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 10212 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I disagree, and I'll explain why in an orderly manner after I suggest you think about taking an English class as your spelling is terrible. You have no real excuse for it since most, if not all browsers have built in spell checkers. :P

I was in a hurrry and I don't give a damn. Deal with it!

Uh, no they're not. Strength and speed are always enabled/passive abilities now, and armor and stealth are still able to be toggled. If you're talking about the nanosuit customization, then I happen to disagree! Suit customization was something I felt was missing from Crysis 1.

No dude. I'm talking about the overall "story" abilitites. In C1 the suit felt and operated jsut like a suit. A piece of equipment. In C2..well

Spoiler:
It's far more AI, far more bio-integrated. It feels different

Spoiler:
- The game assuming you're a butcher. Trought the game you got CELL operatives rambling about how you butchered their men...and I played the ultimate stealth game, avoiding to kill any and all humans if at all possible. I maybe killed 10 trought the whole game.....
Spoiler:
Is your mind frail? The cell operatives, over and over, said that PROPHET had killed those men BEFORE he shot himself and gave the suit to you. They even say this in the game, which means either you had selective hearing, bad hearing, or just weren't paying any real attention.

Duh. They go after you long after they know you're not Prophet....

Spoiler:
- how many times does Alcatraz get lost/found/knocked-out/disabled/rescoued? Every second mission apparenlty....
Need I go on?
Spoiler:
Thee times over the course of 15 hours of gameplay? First was after he fell from the apartment, which makes sense. Second, was when he was in the chair being scanned in a Cell-owned Facility and was knocked out after they took him outside and the Ceph crashed the party. Perhaps not necessary, but it essentially saved the player. Third was when Hargrieve betrayed him, which was a smart and logical move on his part.

You seem to mis a few...

Spoiler:

falling from the heli..the spore conduit..falling from the bridge...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16734

FIrst, read the article linked. Then read the comments.

Offline Kolgena

:lol:

So many people got trolled, for BAWing about graphics without knowing what they're talking about.

My personal gripe about the consolitis that this game suffers is not about the graphics. Who cares if C2 is able to run on consoles? It's still prettier than almost any game in the last decade, and runs extremely well to boot. Rather, I was really annoyed with all the quick-time events that plagued the gameplay. Crysis 1 was good, and it used the old pc-game philosophy: give a the player a set of commands, and let them figure out how to use them in different situations. Crysis 2 was all about "Hold T to powerkick the car". "Press T to assassinate". "Hold Mouse Button 1 to look to around the corner". "Hold Mouse button 1 to look above." "Hold F to look". "Press mouse 1 to crawl". "Press space bar to defib". Context-sensitive commands have their place, but this was seriously overdoing it. And yes, I'm calling this consolitis, because these sorts of things are far more common in consoles, when your controller is severely deficient in buttons.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:01:08 pm by Kolgena »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I say it's worse when there's no choice..What's hte point of pressing a buttun to do X if X is the ONLY thing you can do.

Why stop a cutscene? For example, when you kill
Spoiler:
that L guy
, it's a cutscene, up to the point where you grab him by the throat. The game stops and you get "press Mouse 1 to kill"...why? There's nothing else you CAN do..you can't spare him, the game won't continue till you kill him..so why even do it?

Offline Kolgena

It gives you more time to oggle the skin shader. I dunno.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
precisely..It's basicly "press X to continue game"..completely pointless.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. While I'm with you personally, Trashman, a lot of players really like the illusion of extra control those little one-button quicktime events give them. It lets them savor an important story moment, in their eyes. So we can't really fault Crytek for using something in their game that has been positively received by the gaming community as a whole.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's not a quick-time event.

Quite-time events have a negative consequence when they are missed...the game can (mostly) contninue even if they are missed.

And since when have quick-time revents been a positive thing regarded like that by the whole gaming community?

Since RE4. And in many games that have used them since then. In fact the only blockbuster title whose QTE's I've heard complaints about was Modern Warfare 2, and thats par for the course with that trainwreck.

I'm not trying to argue that Crytek did the "press X to continue" thing well especially if it doesn't have negative consequences for waiting, as you say, just that I understand why said "gameplay" element is present, as contrived and pointless as you or I may find it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
godDAMN this multiplayer is fun as hell once you unlock the FELINE

Then again that may be just be me, ever since CS 1.6 i've been fond of submachine guns because of that feeling that you're killing people by urinating on them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This game's multiplayer turned out to be fun like sex, I'm ranked in the top 2.5%. :smug:

ed: however, still tons of aimbotters

That does not matter, since you apperently still own them :P.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, I just quit when they turn up. **** it's annoying.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
No, I just quit when they turn up. **** it's annoying.
that's what happens when you play on the platform they care least about.....sadly.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
If they didn't care about PC gamers they wouldn't have made it for PC I think...

Or give it better graphics on pC, or just running better on PC, etc. etc.

Battlefield 2 also used to be full of hackers on release, that problem will be patched out... soon.
Hopefully.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
If they didn't care about PC gamers PROFIT they wouldn't have made it for PC I think...

i haven't played it yet, and likely won't for quite a while (i am NOT paying $60 for a game that is anything short of 100 hours of play time) but some of the feedback i've been seeing has me somewhat discouraged.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Best bet is to wait till the price drops I think...

Offline mxlm

Doubt it will take long, either. Dead Space 2 was down to $40 MSRP very quickly, and then the EA store had a brief sale that brought it down to $25
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I say it's worse when there's no choice..What's hte point of pressing a buttun to do X if X is the ONLY thing you can do.

Why stop a cutscene? For example, when you kill
Spoiler:
that L guy
, it's a cutscene, up to the point where you grab him by the throat. The game stops and you get "press Mouse 1 to kill"...why? There's nothing else you CAN do..you can't spare him, the game won't continue till you kill him..so why even do it?
man, I hated that brief bit
Spoiler:
I went no-kill mode after realizing that CELL operatives aren't actually bad guys, (generator room was a...unique challenge when they see me in the pitch black perfectly fine) but then come to that door invisible, and I HAD to go armour mode to get in, meaning I had to kill the guy standing near it