Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265911 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
You are using 368somethings right? Then you should rename helios-tech.pof to helios_tech.pof, more about this and quick guide how to do it is somewhere in this thread
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
how come the SCP teams don't check the filenames? :p

Spoiler:
In The Stars Are Right, I think i know what the problem is from. Last time i played this was when i still had my celeron, i ran out of memory when the Nyarlathotep blasted itself out of the ganymede. That was after the team finding the Shivans. I think it's due to the patch Blaise posted, because i still have the original rerelease. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Derelict SCP (with voice act):

I think I've found a very minor bug during my very enjoying game through Derelict SCP.
Spoiler:
Mission "The Horror in the deep" - when the mission is almost finished the (I do not know how they are called, maybe "directives") the directive to the left on your HUD displays: protect Meridian but when the Meridian leaves it will not turn "off".
Hope it matters for somebody.

Mantriel

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Hey there, just finished playing through the SCP voiced Derelict. Great job on the whole thing! It mostly all worked really well.

1) I had the problem with the transport ship that kept running into the docking ring and died. Pretty funny. I couldn't be bothered to redo the mission so I skipped it and did -allslev then played through them all one by one.

2)
Spoiler:
In The Sting, when the Auriga was powering up again after the transport had finished it's docking and being pwned bit. The Auriga kept getting killed, this happened twice in a row. There arn't even any messages to take this eventuality into account which I thought was weird. I had to edit the mission and increase how much the Auriga healed itself by.

Yeah, other than that, well done. :) I was happy to play through the campaign again, and although the odd voice was shaky, it really made all the difference.

Offline starfox

I have problem with the mission, "The Stars are Right".
As soon as the Shivan Corvette jumps in, the game crashes, the audio continues the play though....
Any ideas ?

I'm using the build - fs2_open_r-20060306, along with the latest Media_VP and SCP Stuff. I use OpenGL...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline FredLC

Hello guys.

I'm a n00b into this stuff, so a little question here:

I opened blaiserussel's filefront page, and there is a massive DerelictSCPPatch.rar of almost 800 Mg.

Is that enough, or do I have to download files other than that?

Regards :).

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
I think you'll find it's 739.93 kilobytes. :)

Anyway, you're best off downloading the older, original files (the files that are "BlaiseRussel's files on FileFront" instead of just "BlaiseRussel's files") and then downloading the *actually quite small* patch, which adds a few forgotten voice files and includes a few minor fixes to certain missions,

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i cranked up the volume and knocked down the effects and music volume so i could hear the dialogue, and i was listening to my line whenever i said deploy point. you have no idea how hard it was to do that. when i went to record them, i would say something like "Moving to next deploy ploint" or something like that. Every goddamn time, until i finally got it on the 5th time. :D

anyway, i'm working on upping all of the volumes of the voice files themselves. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
 :wtf:
I could actually do this in a day, just normalize all the files and run it through the batch converter.  I don't see why it needs to be done when you increase voice volumes up and then use windows's mixer to set the volume right. 

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
not windows mixer, goldwave. :nervous:

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
My <a href="http://nix1999.shackspace.com>mirror[/url] has been updated. (finally....)

not windows mixer, goldwave. :nervous:
I should clarify...
I'd use Sound Forge and apply a normalization setting and feed all the voice files in the batch converter to increase the levels of ALL the files so they all have the same exact volume level, which I feel is unnecessary if the operation has already been done.  If you go raising levels here and there without proper normalization, every voice file is going to have a different volume.

What I meant about the windows mixer though was, in game, turn the voice volume up, turn effects and music down, then adjust the volume in the windows mixer as a whole to get proper volumes. 

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Is there a reason why there's no campaign file in the VP?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
As has been mentioned before, and as noted on the file description:

The DerelictSCP VP file under "BlaiseRussel's files" is bugged. Do not use this version. Use the older version under "BlaiseRussel's files on FileFront" and download the patch VP file.

Someone a while ago mentioned the Meridian dies yet survives error, and you know what? I'm actually in favor of that glitch. Call me a n00b, but I never was able to save BOTH the Haulian and the Meridian.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

• Koala-monkey
Blimey. This is good. Enjoying it massively.

Honest to god, someone should write a walkthrough for these missions.  Some of them are so damned complicated.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in "A Paper Wall" the Meson bug goes off without a shockwave.  Like, wasn't there supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom?  More like a pfffttt.....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:52:34 am by Tahna Los »

I am doing a mission called Resupply and Relevation. Got a mission stopping bug in that.

Basically that distinguished destroyer managed to get the co-ordinates of the Shivan battle forces after I allowed some of the fighters to escape. Then afterwards, the game just exits to the desktop, with the voice file still playing. And my afterburning sound effects persisted for a while.

Additional problem is that sometimes the voices doesn't work. Just happens on any mission, any time. And the music will often be out. So then I am stuck in a silent film, with my gun sound effects only sometimes working.

I am using the latest media vp files, along with the latest launcher. Yep, and the files are from the big fat shivan freespace folder I got off bittorrent.
'Alea iacta est'
'The die is cast'
-Gaius Julius Caesar

• Koala-monkey
I'm having the same trouble with that mission. Illegal op soon after I'm told to jump out.

Annoying.

That happens to me randomly. I found that its best not to jump out, and just let the mission end.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

• Koala-monkey
All very well, but it happens before I even go near the alt + J keys.

Just POOF! Gone!

Edit: But I got around it by turning all the bells and whistles off in the launcher.
And so now I've completed it.
Very, very, very good. Well done chaps.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 03:16:15 pm by Petrarch of the VBB »