• More extravagant buildings that arnt simply box shaped.
In the end, most of the buildings will get a makeover (take a look out our image gallery in moddb) http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech
• More detailed building remains, something that actually resembles the remains of a collapsed building.
technically included in the point above
• Larger Mech hangars containing powered down mechs/vehicles.
- You'd be able to capture the building making any and all the mechs, vehicles as well as componants housed inside would be available for salvage.
- If ignored long enough the enemies will mobilise the more powerful base defender mechs housed inside. Perhaps destroying mechwarrior barracks located near the hangar could prevent the mechs being powered up.
- Destroying the hanger would cause a massive explosion. (Its mechs, weapons and ordanence so naturally it'd make one heck of a bang.
Nice idea, but I'm not sure it's possible that easy. Some of that, is done over the mission editor anyway. Realistic Scale buildings are difficult though. There is already a mechhangar included, and a newer more highpoly version will follow. But due to the scale of the camera, battlefield and surrounding, some buildings are only half the size they "should" have. I.E. the Mechhangar, and the upcoming dropship should be twice as big / heigh as currently, but that will bring them out of scale for the camera and the other stuff imo.
• Static guard towers (I forget the name of them, the gaint defence outposts from MW4:BK that house gauss rifles, LBX cannons, Missiles and Lasers. I guess its like a immobile concrete dropship in a way).
Hm, might be worth thinking about it, sort of a fortress.
• Im sure Calliope turrets would be on the to-do list already but i'll mention them incase it's slipped anyones mind.
Already ingame and working. For a image, check moddb
Ive got dozens more ideas but i'm sure most of them have come up in other forums or brainstorming sessions already.
Then let them hear us, that's the reason for this thread
EDIT: Little bit off topic but how many polys on average are being used to design the new mechs you guys are creating?
There is not really a rule to be honest. It's more dependend on size, and also how often the model will appear. I.e. I will allow myself to spend 3000 polygons on the overlord battleship, because it will be used only spare on the battlefield, so the performance drop wont be problem. Stuff that is more often used, or two small to show the poly detail will receive less polies. Mechs will be around 1k to 2K polies, vehicles / turrets around 1K and mid sized buildings also as a rough route to take. And even with these values, most details will only be visible on close in zoom, which makes correct lod models necessary