Author Topic: Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG ones?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Makar40

Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG ones?
The FSO Installer says the MVE ones are temporarily unavailable, and Im wondering what Id be missing without having them. Thanks a ton guys!

Offline Shade

Re: Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG ones?
The cutscenes are the same, the .ogg versions just take up less space and only work on recent SCP builds that include support for them.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Makar40

Re: Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG ones?
So basically when I see the files called Freespace1OGGcutscenepack.vp and the same for freespace2, I have ALL the cut scenes from the original games?

Offline Topgun

:nod:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The only difference really is that retail can play the .mve versions while Open can play both. As long as you're sticking with open you'll be fine.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Joshua believes the OGG's had a bit lower quality also, but Joshua hasn't seen any difference.. does it matter on high resulotions only?

Offline Topgun

Joshua believes the OGG's had a bit lower quality also, but Joshua hasn't seen any difference..

Topgun thinks Joshua is right. the quality goes down with conversion artifacts.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG on
Woolie Wool disapproves of you people referring to yourselves in the third person.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Re: Can anyone tell me the difference between the .MVE cutscenes and the .OGG on
Joshua believes the OGG's had a bit lower quality also, but Joshua hasn't seen any difference.. does it matter on high resulotions only?

I believe that Joshua puts the lotion.....

start using the first person
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir