Author Topic: You want? (Concept Colossus)  (Read 23277 times)

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Expand teh prototype and make 2 Colossi !!!   :)
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A prototype Colossus built before the definitive version? "Incredibly expensive waste of money" may not be enough to describe that action... :lol:
Nah, the GTVA just luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuves wasting money!

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Where does that money come from? :doubt:
What's up?

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Same place as always: taxpayer's money.  :nod:
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ehh..my sister dropped off the kids today, so I got stuck with babysitting duty. Nedless to say, this cut into my modeling time. I still managed to get something done. Update:

I'm experimenting with the "head", not sure if I'll keep the current look.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The model is absolutely insanely cool, on par with the one that DA dude made, but the over-tiling of those maps is just painful.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Also it doesn't look quite like the real colossus any more, and i reckon it won't be compatible as far as turrets... or is this a makeover, rather than a facelift?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Also it doesn't look quite like the real colossus any more, and i reckon it won't be compatible as far as turrets... or is this a makeover, rather than a facelift?
It's an alternative design, based more closely on the concept art of the Colossus.

BTW - There are huge sections of undetailed, flat-ish sections on the model... If the tiling was lessened, or if extra stuff was added there it'd make the model so much kewler.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: You want? (Concept Colossus)
There are huge sections of undetailed, flat-ish sections on the model... If the tiling was lessened, or if extra stuff was added there it'd make the model so much kewler.

Agreed here. The tiling is pretty horrible and the only detailed part would be the engine block. More details and less tiling would be great.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Hmmm.... can I request a side by side of your concept and the original Colossus?
What's up?

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
This one?

The cleaning up has, in fact, just been finished. There's some more modifications to be done to accommodate the turrets, and there's some major detail-box greeblage still to be done... and after that, UV unwrapping and texturing...

But I think we can all agree that this much detail is worth the effort. Sorry Trashman. Maybe try working on another ship? Your style is well suited to FS1 Shivan fighters, like the Scorpion, Nephilim or Manticore.

WAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
WAU Superb, nice, cool,   can't wait for it... :)  :jaw: :yes:

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
At least with this high poly Colossus (either of them, I'm sure) it won't have a stupid plain triangular fighter bay.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well IMO

- Galemp's looks a lot cooler
- T-Man's looks a bit like the Colossus 'should', as Mobius pointed out.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I keep saying the Colossus was a T-V project. It shouldn't look 200% Terran.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
This model does look more Vasudan.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Why not? The chassis and hull was the Terrans part of the Collosus, the reactors and internal workings were the work of the Vasudans. So externally the Collosus would look 100% Terran.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Why not? The chassis and hull was the Terrans part of the Collosus, the reactors and internal workings were the work of the Vasudans. So externally the Collosus would look 100% Terran.
Where did it say that? :confused:

If so then my personal convictions for my entire life have been based on false assumptions and I will go kill myself. :(

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
Add black! Add black! and lights!!! yes!!!  :D :D :D :D
What's up?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Where did it say that? :confused:

If so then my personal convictions for my entire life have been based on false assumptions and I will go kill myself. :(

We know Vasudans are better at reactors, as the mekhu (IIRC) has a better rate of fire on a Vasudan ship than on a Terran ship, the rest is just speculation. It's reasonable to assume that Terran hulls are stronger than Vasudan. And Vasudan weapons are stronger than Terran. Balance wise I mean.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If Terran hulls are stronger, how come the Typhon and Hatshepsut BOTH have more HP than the Orion and Hecate?

There's no doubt Terran weapons are stronger of course (*cough*Vasudan Light Laser*cough*) ;)