Author Topic: The Impact Decals...  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, i took the time to check out these things, and i'm sorry to say i absolutely hate the results. the laser holes are fine, but the missiles and bomb effects look amazingly low-detail, as seen here:

oh, and if i offended anyone, sorry. just thought i'd point this out. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Is the decal code even officially working?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I beleive it's going to get revamped when we get a new model format.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline bfobar

I think if there was a way to make the decal where the hole isn't more transparent, they would look better. As is, it looks like a ship got peppered with sheets of paper with pictures of holes on them. If we ever get bumpmapping, I wonder if it would be possible to apply the decal just to the bump map? I think that would look neat.

Offline starfox

If we ever get bumpmapping, I wonder if it would be possible to apply the decal just to the bump map? I think that would look neat.

Playing telepath are we ? Just the question I had to ask....
It would look pretty cool, but then again, no idea when bump-mapping is implemented....
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline bfobar

I prefer to call it pipe dreaming moreso than telepathy.  :D

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Bumpmapping is being implemented on the same day as Geomod.

Offline starfox

hmmmm, well, that's going to take.....some time  :lol:
*Hurries to set Cryogenic Chamber to wake me up in year 3000+*
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Bumpmapping is being implemented on the same day as Geomod.
If you know where to look, you'll see that bumpmaping is already being worked on.  Current build can't load bumpmaps, but it looks to see if they're there.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!