Descent: Underground on Kickstarter

<< < (3/23) > >>

Dark Hunter:

--- Quote from: Klaustrophobia on March 11, 2015, 01:21:44 pm ---"Collect loot"

"Level up"

oh..... oh GOD.

Descent, what have they DONE TO YOU?! :shaking:

--- End quote ---

Pretty much my reaction. They're using the name "Descent", but it bears almost zero resemblance to Descent.  :banghead:

Sushi:

--- Quote from: Klaustrophobia on March 11, 2015, 01:21:44 pm ---"Collect loot"

"Level up"

oh..... oh GOD.

Descent, what have they DONE TO YOU?! :shaking:

--- End quote ---

+1 to that. There's nothing "Descent" about this project except the name and 6DOF fighting.

Mongoose:
Yeah, I'm decidedly unexcited as well.  It feels waaaaaay too much like the marketing setup for Star Citizen (which makes sense given the dev team), and that's an active turn-off for me.

Dark Hunter:
Okay, I've done some digging around, and have something that makes me tentatively look upon this more favorably:

They apparently only very recently got the license for the Descent trademark, so everything they've done up to this point was not-Descent, which explains why it looks and feels so different. Now that they're legally allowed to, the devs have hinted that they want to push the game into being actually part of the Descent universe.

This was a response to one fan who queried them regarding the singleplayer mode and whether virus-crazed mining robots would be involved:

--- Quote ---Yes, and how stupid of us not to mention it on the first day...DOH !! There will be bots in the first iteration, but we have a bigger story based single player game on the rise of the PTMC and the material defenders - we are a prequel to the original, and we want to tell that story.
--- End quote ---

deathspeed:
I think I am still more interested in Sol Contingency (the first link in Scourge of Ages' post).  It's a fan-made remake, who got a C&D from Interplay so they have been re-doing some of their assets,  But they are still planning on moving forward, even with this officially licensed version on the way also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version